Spektrum "Relative" gain in AS3X receiver

More
24 Jun 2015 15:23 #34593 by Chabaz
So. . I have been flying a few various models with the new as3x receivers, and while watching the YouTube instructions on programming I noticed that with the DX9 the gain values are adjustable and are shown on the TX. It seems this is a function of the built in telemetry in these receivers. It's there any way to adjust these values on my 12s and get the gains reported back to me? This would make life so much easier as the audio cable programming is basically nonsense. So much nicer would be to set all to relative and sort it all out in the sky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2015 15:45 #34596 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Spektrum "Relative" gain in AS3X receiver
The deviationtx team nightly build should support 9999 values on all FlightLog values.

You probably mean those A, B, L, R, F, H?

See mantisbt and blade 200srx as well as 180cfx.

More details in Spektrum telemetry thread.

Maybe you could give some examples for as3x gain?

More
24 Jun 2015 16:04 #34601 by Chabaz
Replied by Chabaz on topic Spektrum "Relative" gain in AS3X receiver
Spektrum AS3X Step 15: Relative Gain Settings (F…:

More
25 Jun 2015 02:58 #34611 by mwm
I've used Deviation to program the gain values on my 200SRX. 4.0.1 is a bit wonky - it doesn't seem to hold the values solid. I last used Indigo's DSM telemetry test builds. Not sure how the latest nightly builds stack up.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
25 Jun 2015 10:10 - 25 Jun 2015 10:12 #34632 by Thomas.Heiss
Isn't that Spektrum forward programming from the newer TXes?
Its a AS3X Gains menu, not telemetry FlightLog!
That feature would even not be supported on older Spektrum transmitters (e.g DX8) if there is no AS3x firmware update.

That AS3x menu looks different than the gains tweaking on 200SRX and 180CFX with the telemetry menue and FlightLog.

Telemetry:
One of the (almost) "latest" nightly builds do not reset "Fades A" from 255->0. Good thing :)
Displaying "9999" values should be in - but I have nothing to test against.

The only problem for Spektrum telemetry FlightLog in nightly-build is the fast changing sporadic numbers if the power output is reduced or if there are telemetry range errors or e.g TX weak signal. That will not happen on desk.
May not happened to me on DSMx with good TX+TM1000 signal range while flying 450er heli in nearer distance.
Last edit: 25 Jun 2015 10:12 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
27 Jun 2015 03:22 - 27 Jun 2015 13:04 #34723 by Chabaz
So I should download Indigo's DSM telemetry build, is that in the latest devo12 nightly? Or would I find it somewhere else?
How do you program the gains thru your devo on the 200srx? Or is it fairly straight forward once I install the nightly? I'm fairly sure the 200 rx is the same base rx as my night visionaire 636
Last edit: 27 Jun 2015 13:04 by Chabaz.

More
27 Jun 2015 06:03 #34730 by mwm
Indigo's test builds are in the "test build" section of the downloads area.

You program the 200SRX gains by turning on telemetry, and the following the instructions from HH. You do the actual programming the same way, but the telemetry values show you which setting you are changing, and the current values of the settings, as opposed to having to read the swashplate.

More
27 Jun 2015 13:08 #34744 by Chabaz
Having issues finding the gains in the telemetry values. I've read and re read all relevant forums, and tried to find instructions from HH. Horizon Hobby I assume, but can't seem to get them to cross over to the devo world.

I've plugged in my audio cable and set a few values as "relative " so the RX will allow remote adjustment, but I just don't see where I an presented with any telemetry values that look anything like gains, and don't see anywhere any telemetry values can be modified.
What am I missing?

Also, the test build only had one dfu file to flash and no file system, is that correct? Or did I miss something else?

More
27 Jun 2015 13:17 #34745 by mwm
Plugged in your audio cable? Huh? What for?

Go to Model Menu -> Mode Setup -> DSM? and turn on telemetry.

Bind to your 200SRX as normal.

Now go to Transmitter Menu -> Telemetry monitor, and the values should be there. No audio cable needed.

More
27 Jun 2015 13:39 - 27 Jun 2015 13:41 #34747 by Thomas.Heiss
Again,

These special AS3x receiver gains are NOT supported by any special / telemetry menus for now.

200SRX + 180CFX is a different thing.
The manuals describe interpreting the gains (gyro swash gains) as A, B, L, R, F, H numbers.

Your menus in the video for as3x receivers are different.
That is new to new Spektrum airware transmitters.

Of course you can not change these values within the DeviationTX firmware!
Last edit: 27 Jun 2015 13:41 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
29 Sep 2015 00:35 - 29 Sep 2015 00:36 #38189 by Chabaz
It seems as though spektrum just keeps coming out with fun new challenges. I'm looking to upgrade the firmware on one of my receivers. The instructions on their website require the receiver serial number, they show the rx serial number being displayed on the transmitter that it's bound to. Running a telemetry nightly build, would the serial number be shown as a value somewhere?

I hate to say it but with all the new capabilities of their transmitters, I've seriously been considering trying to find a cheap one.

I'm not much of a programmer, wish I was, seems like these functions could be had by Deviation if one were to poke around a lil bit. . I mean, isn't the receiver sending this info anyways , and. Just sitting there waiting for values to be changed, checking every so often. .

I like the sound of the challenge, other than I have no idea what I'm doing. Very light Arduino stuffs, a few rovers, and a lot of electronic destruction is currently all the relevant experience my resume contains.

I welcome any ideas / thoughts re: what it would take to incorporate Relative Gains, Serial Number & Firmware Version display for bound rx. Into. Deviation.
Last edit: 29 Sep 2015 00:36 by Chabaz. Reason: Typo

More
29 Sep 2015 07:08 #38203 by Thomas.Heiss
Pardon asking, but shouldn't the SN be just written down on the Spektrum receiver?

Maybe developers can further comment on displaying protocol / bind internals.

Thomas

More
29 Sep 2015 09:31 #38208 by Chabaz
I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately the serial number is a 30+ alpha numeric string that is case sensitive. And basically just a royal PITA. useful for nothing but. Product tracking for spektrum. The number of hours that could be saved of they just provided the number easily.

I just found out that the As3x programming cable I bought for my. Umx planes, that has a servo plug on it, won't work for the as3x receivers, and the other as3x programming cable for programming receivers from my Android won't retrieve the serial number. Although the app reports one. It's incorrect. . So I'll have to buy yet another cable for the task of getting the serial number and updating the firmware.. .
So dumb. .

I wish there was an all inclusive solution instead of spektrum nickel and dime ing us to death with these proprietary. Requirements.

More
29 Sep 2015 10:20 #38209 by Richard96816
Replied by Richard96816 on topic Spektrum "Relative" gain in AS3X receiver

Chabaz wrote:
I wish there was an all inclusive solution instead of spektrum nickel and dime ing us to death with these proprietary. Requirements.

The solution is not to buy from manipulative vendors.

More
29 Sep 2015 12:02 #38216 by Thomas.Heiss
A possible workaround solution might be to get Non-Spektrum / Non-AS3x stabilization systems like

EZNov Neuron & Co.

which are more user-friendly to configure (either PC USB or smartphone bluetooth)?
Not sure about 3D settings.
I wish I could provide you with a list....Sorry, have not used any of them in planes.

But I know what you want to achieve with the Spektrum All-In one receivers....

It's the same with the 180CFX / 230s heli FBL Spektrum All-In-One receiving systems.
IMHO Spektrum does not really want you to buy them separate and configure these systems for your own planes / needs.
Just black boxes.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds