Use Devo 7e Beeper in Model Config files ?

More
03 Jul 2015 23:37 #35069 by Doug40
I've seen a couple cases, where the transmitter supplied with toy quads will sound a continuous stream of beeps when headless mode is engaged. I know the NiHui U807 and H8 Mini work that way. Is it possible to duplicate that on a Devo 7e?

Until yesterday, I would have said that using the beeper in a model file is an unnecessary feature to expect from Deviation. That was yesterday, before I flew my JJ1000 into the great unknown. I was flying before sunrise, and depended upon the lights for orientation. It got far enough away that I couldn't tell the front from the back because of the elevation, the distance and small size of the craft (old eyes don't help either). That wasn't the first time I lost orientation, and previously I just switched on headless mode and flew it back when it happened. This time, I hit the switch to the left of the FMODE switch by mistake, got no Headless, and all my efforts to recover it just flew it further away.

I didn't realize that I hadn't turned on headless until I glanced at the Devo while I was looking for the JJ1000 (never did find it). If the beeper was available for general use in a model file, I'd make it first priority to add it to my JJ1000 config and have a beeper running while I'm in headless, before I get a replacement JJ1000 from Gearbest.com.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2015 23:55 #35183 by Doug40
Replied by Doug40 on topic Use Devo 7e Beeper in Model Config files ?
Thanks to MWM for a tip in another posting on setting off a beeper with a switch.

It is a good solution to my original need, but it would have been a better solution if there were more than one timer interval available, even if one was a multiple of another. Maybe there is another choice, I'm a slow learner.
The suggestion was to start a countdown timer with a timeout value of zero with a switch. As long as the switch is in the enable position, the "timeup interval" in the Transmitter Menu keeps beeping at the interval set.
The addition to the model file is:
[timer3]
type=countdown
src=FMODE1
resetsrc=FMODE0

The beeper will sound once when FMODE1 is activated and then at the rate of the timeup interval timer as long as the switch is in the ON position.

More
07 Jul 2015 10:42 #35195 by mwm
I think a better solution - at least if we're going to tweak the hardware - is to add some "beep" settings to the model setup page. This would let you pick a source and a rate, and whenever that source was on, would beep at that rate.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds