PPM experimenting & questions, corrupting tx.ini?

More
06 Jul 2015 06:09 - 06 Jul 2015 06:41 #35150 by Epyon
First post here, bear with me.

I've been experimenting with PPM input on my 7e lately with the hope of adding pots/switches. Currently using this and one of these .
Can't get it to work. For one, I'm not 100% on the DSC port pinout, I've found several conflicting descriptions. I've tried a mono plug with tip to signal & Ground to Ground, as well as a stereo plug with tip to sig, gnd to gnd, and middle ring unused, and same as previous with middle ring to either signal or gnd. Nothing got me anything more than a slight fluctuation in the channel monitor. I should also note that the boards were on a separate 5v supply.

An interesting side note/possible bug? Several times during my tinkering the 7e would shut off a few of those times, upon restart, I was greeted with fudged up transmitter settings. It altered/corrupted the tx.ini file randomly adding values. No worries, a quick USB file copy fixed it, and a month has passed of frequent use with no known issues.
I've got a batch of Arduino Nanos inbound and plan to set one up in place of the 2 gizmos linked above. They could very well be the problem.

Anywho, what I'm mainly looking for here is a definitive pinout and any advice from anybody trying similar stuff.
Last edit: 06 Jul 2015 06:41 by Epyon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds