A few random Q's trim beeps, adding timers, etc.

More
06 Jul 2015 06:40 #35151 by Epyon
Just some questions I've had, searched to no avail.

1) Trim beeps: Possible to change tone(s), mute?

2) Trims as switches: Possible to add 2 or 3 more so all menu buttons could be used as switches, without having to disable actual trims (Ele, Ail, Rud)?

3) Timers: Can more than 4 be added. I'm using a couple as an audible alert for switch positions, more would be cool.

4) Main page layout: Several questions here.
Can the model name be moved/removed/shrunken? I tried changing font size in config.ini with no result.

I haven't tried MWM's build yet, but I'm trying to figure out a good way to display my flight modes. I run an Eagle Tree Vector, I have it setup to use two 3-way switches, the first switch selects 2 modes the 3rd position (submode) activates the second switch allowing 3 more selections. I would like to display this all in one toggle icon or location. I've tried overlapping 2 toggle icons, with the hopes that having a blank on the first switches 3rd position (submode position) would allow the second toggle to show through,......nope. Any ideas?

Sorry for the question bombardment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2015 13:21 #35162 by mwm
[

Epyon wrote: 1) Trim beeps: Possible to change tone(s), mute

Not with the current software. Adding a volume setting for them shouldn't be to bad. Use the Bug Tracker menu on the left to add an feature request issue for it.

Epyon wrote: 2) Trims as switches: Possible to add 2 or 3 more so all menu buttons could be used as switches, without having to disable actual trims (Ele, Ail, Rud)?

Well, unless you're using a 6 or 12, probably not. The 8 has as many as it can use. The 10 has enough for all it's usable buttons unless you use the two extra trims as four buttons. The 7e has memory limits. The 12 is in the same state as the 10, but you can use the Enter & Exit buttons, so maybe a pair there - except it's already got more switches than any other Tx you can run deviation on.

I do wonder why the 6 has fewer trims than the 8. Maybe PB will let us know?

Epyon wrote: 3) Timers: Can more than 4 be added. I'm using a couple as an audible alert for switch positions, more would be cool.

So you're creating a countdown timer and then setting it to 0, enabled by the switch? Nice hack. Adding more should be easy, but there's not much call for more actual timers. Maybe another feature request for a switch-controlled beeper? Actually, I've seen at least one other request for that for headless mode.

You'd only need one. Given that, you could point it at a virtual channel and then have that go on if any of your switches are on, or some combination of them.

Epyon wrote: Can the model name be moved/removed/shrunken? I tried changing font size in config.ini with no result.

Sorry, no. You can make it as short as you want, and you can put things on top of it. You can also pad it on the left with spaces.

Epyon wrote: I haven't tried MWM's build yet, but I'm trying to figure out a good way to display my flight modes. I run an Eagle Tree Vector, I have it setup to use two 3-way switches, the first switch selects 2 modes the 3rd position (submode) activates the second switch allowing 3 more selections. I would like to display this all in one toggle icon or location. I've tried overlapping 2 toggle icons, with the hopes that having a blank on the first switches 3rd position (submode position) would allow the second toggle to show through,......nope. Any ideas?

Nope. Trying to deal with such things is why I wrote the new toggle code. It would work great for what you're doing: The first two positions on the first switch select two icons, then the next three icons are picked by the second switch. All in one position. Unfortunately, it's both to large to fit on a Devo7e, and not backwards compatible. I haven't been keeping it current, and don't recommend running it now.

If you can design a set of icons that use two positions and work well, that would be great. I'd love to have icons that were appropriate for the flight modes available in modern model aircraft.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
06 Jul 2015 17:20 #35171 by Epyon

mwm wrote: Not with the current software. Adding a volume setting for them shouldn't be to bad. Use the Bug Tracker menu on the left to add an feature request issue for it.

Will do.

mwm wrote: So you're creating a countdown timer and then setting it to 0, enabled by the switch? Nice hack. Adding more should be easy, but there's not much call for more actual timers. Maybe another feature request for a switch-controlled beeper? Actually, I've seen at least one other request for that for headless mode.

You'd only need one. Given that, you could point it at a virtual channel and then have that go on if any of your switches are on, or some combination of them.

Thanks. Never thought about a virtual channel, will give it a try tonight.

mwm wrote: Sorry, no. You can make it as short as you want, and you can put things on top of it. You can also pad it on the left with spaces.

I never had luck with layering items over top of it, but just now tried again. Success! The trick was the top object had to be offset 1 pixel on the x-axis. Putting it at 0, the model name would always top it. Thanks!

mwm wrote: If you can design a set of icons that use two positions and work well, that would be great. I'd love to have icons that were appropriate for the flight modes available in modern model aircraft.

Actually I am using 2-piece icons for one toggle. The problem is you get a 1 pixel blank line at the edge of the lower-layered icon, with no pixel overlap. I just designed icons around the expected blank space.

Thank you MWM.

More
06 Jul 2015 22:53 #35182 by Doug40

mwm wrote: So you're creating a countdown timer and then setting it to 0, enabled by the switch? Nice hack. Adding more should be easy, but there's not much call for more actual timers. Maybe another feature request for a switch-controlled beeper? Actually, I've seen at least one other request for that for headless mode.
Doug wrote:
MWM, Thanks for the tip. I'll use that as means of generating a beep as an announcement that headless is engaged. I tried it and it works fine. I'll post the code in my original posting.

PS the appearance of this posting is bizarre because I screwed up cutting the quote from above.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds