cp-heli basics..

More
28 Jul 2015 07:39 - 28 Jul 2015 07:41 #36230 by masav71
cp-heli basics.. was created by masav71
i have flown walkera v120s02s with devo 10 now 1,5 years.

there is lot to learn that i can get more from this exiting hobby, and most important before i will buy bigger heli.

so i have few questions for more exprienced cp-flyers...

-MIX-switch in devo 10: what its for? do i need it? i have mechanically broke FL-switch and i changed their places...FL-switch works ok,,,but Deviation main screen tells that Mix-sw is at"1" position at all time, and sometimes when i shake TX it comes to mode 2--is it ok that way? does it do any harm?
, where i can find new switch?

- i have 2 identical v120d02s copters--is it ok to bind them to same model in Deviation? i have and want to have same adjustments for both of them..earlier this way has worked(excluding few broblems, but not think related to that),,,,but would it be better to have own models for separete copters?

-Matti-
Last edit: 28 Jul 2015 07:41 by masav71.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2015 09:44 #36232 by ThomasC
Replied by ThomasC on topic cp-heli basics..
@Matti: separate model settings make sense in case your models differ somehow, e.g. zero-pitch. In case they're absolutely identical, there's no sense in using separate model.ini's

Cannot tell you where to get 3-pos-switches. In Germany I would recommend Conrad Electronics ( www.conrad.de ), they sell lots of switches, but I currently cannot tell which one fits (I also have a defective "Mix" switch on my Devo7, should be the same for Devo10): www.conrad.de/ce/de/overview/0216100/Kippschalter

---

More
28 Jul 2015 10:15 - 28 Jul 2015 10:16 #36236 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic cp-heli basics..

masav71 wrote: MIX-switch in devo 10: what its for? do i need it?

If you put gyro gain on the flight-mode switch you will NOT need mix switch.
The switch is great if you want to have mix1 and mix2 to manually adjusting the gyro gain with the AUX3/AUX4 potis.
Mix2 may allow you to switch from heading hold to normal / rate mode.

Using complex mixers and using the mix switch as input is the way I setup my paddle 450 heli tail.

masav71 wrote: i have 2 identical v120d02s copters--is it ok to bind them to same model in Deviation? i have and want to have same adjustments for both of them..earlier this way has worked(excluding few broblems, but not think related to that),,,,but would it be better to have own models for separete copters?

If you manage that your cyclic servos are 100% identical on both helis I see no reason.
Maybe 1s vs 2s, different FBLs...

As Thomas said most small FBLs like NanoCPX, MCPX, 130X, etc allow you to adjust the zero pitch (subtrim + servo travel) on pitch channel.

If you have a full FBL (250/300/450++ heli size) you are going to setup almost everything in the FBL setup software.

Different FBL may need to tune in the subtrimm / end positions of your transmitter (e.g ZYX) so you would be required to modify the model servo channels.

You can't do any servo travel / subtrim with the standard RX2622V-D or RX2636H-D fbl for appropriately adjusting the servos to be 90 degree, can you?
Last edit: 28 Jul 2015 10:16 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
28 Jul 2015 17:46 #36256 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic cp-heli basics..
When I broke one of the three-way switches on my 10, I ordered one of these: www.walkera-parts.com/walkera-transmitte...=HM-TX-SWITCH-20MM-3

Works great.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
03 Aug 2015 16:30 #36502 by masav71
Replied by masav71 on topic cp-heli basics..
thanks mwm! for tip.
i bought same article, supposed to arrive to finland in 10 days.

Thomas:
in v120d02s there is no subtrim unlike some says, i tried but it does not "save" adjustments.

More
03 Aug 2015 16:39 #36505 by ThomasC
Replied by ThomasC on topic cp-heli basics..
@masav: subtrim on Walkera models only works for pitch channel. All other subtrims seem to be ignored by the RX. I can confirm this for Genius CP, V120D02s, V120D02s-New and Super CP. Zero Pitch can be trimmed or subtrimmed, both methods work.

Have success :)

---

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds