7e uses and limitations

More
28 Jul 2015 08:03 #36231 by Zaphod
7e uses and limitations was created by Zaphod
I've managed to acquire a 7e and am now wondering what to do with it (my Devo 10 is my main tx).

I've read in a few threads that the 7e is approaching its limits as to what Deviation can do or be installed on it.

How bad are the limitations? Is it worth me modding the 7e as I've done my 10? Add the 3 way switches and range mod? Keep it as my spare? Switch it to mode 1 for flying planes (my planes as DSMX)?

Thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated :)

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
28 Jul 2015 12:23 #36243 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic 7e uses and limitations

Zaphod wrote: it as my spare? Switch it to mode 1 for flying planes (my planes as DSMX)?

Thanks.

Do not expect too much of DSMX & Devo7e, even with the range mod.....300m

1. E.g ...with the newest NB, the pa seems not to draw as much currend as with the Devo protocol. On a test, the voltage showed the same output for 100 μW and 100 mW........which is not possible. After a cold start the voltage decreased but not as much as with Devo.
2.Telemetry can not be switched off.
Due to bad weather I am not able to do a range test outdoors and compare it to my older release with telemetry off.

BTW , for all who have read this .. www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...ith-telemetry-on-off
...the SCP now binds again with telemetry on and off.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
28 Jul 2015 13:50 #36244 by Zaphod
Replied by Zaphod on topic 7e uses and limitations
Thanks guys.

I think I'll mod it and use it as a spare for flying my mini / micro / nano quads.

More
28 Jul 2015 17:39 #36254 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic 7e uses and limitations

Zaphod wrote: Thanks guys.

I think I'll mod it and use it as a spare for flying my mini / micro / nano quads.

That's what i've done with my 6S. The small size makes it preferable for indoor flying, and the missing switches/dials make it suitable for flying larger, more advanced aircraft. And that color screen is unreadable in sunlight, but that won't be an issue with the 7E.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds