Devo 7E menu shortcut

More
01 Aug 2015 13:50 - 01 Aug 2015 13:51 #36431 by Alias_Hendrik
Devo 7E menu shortcut was created by Alias_Hendrik
Hi

For the first time I wanted to use the DN- button to use as a momentary button to change the output from a channel. It works as long as I do a short press. A long press brings me to the "model setup" page as was expected. But my output channel get stuck at 100 until I'm back at main screen and do a short press again.
I removed the shortcut from the DN- button but now a long press on DN- brings me to the mixer output menu just like the UP+ button does.
Is this the normal behavior for the DN- button with no shortcut on it, to bring me with a long press to the mixer output menu?
Removing also the shortcut from the UP+ button, after that, my DN- button works ok in my output channel either with a short or a long press.
It also seems I can only use the buttons left from the display but not the R+ or L- buttons.
Using 1 button for a channel, does it still allow for a shortcut on another button to a menu item ?
Last edit: 01 Aug 2015 13:51 by Alias_Hendrik.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2015 19:14 #36445 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 7E menu shortcut
First, the "shortcut" buttons aren't a long press to go directly to a page, but the long presses cycle through the pages you have configured in the list. UP+ goes through in one direction, and DN- goes through in another. If you have two pages configured, they act like direct shortcuts, and it's easy to think that's what they are - I know I did it for a while. But if you only configure one page, they both go to it. And if you configure more than one, there's no button to go directly to the middle one. Does that answer all your questions about the button behavior?

As for the long press & momentary button interaction - the buttons as virtual inputs are disabled when you are in the menu. I believe that's correct, as you really don't want the channel outputs changing because you're navigating the GUI. Given that, whether a momentary switch should go back to it's off state if it also causes you to enter a menu seems like a judgement call.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
01 Aug 2015 22:04 #36462 by Alias_Hendrik
Replied by Alias_Hendrik on topic Devo 7E menu shortcut
Thanks! That answers my question about the button behavior ;)
About the second part, for the particular use I had for it (and knowing my sons) I can’t use that but I will change the use to switching lights on or off. In that case it will not be a problem for the output channel when entering the menu knowingly or not via a longer press. Thanks for the explanation.

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds