Binding issue on Symax protocol only.

More
10 Aug 2015 16:08 #36722 by goophoba
Binding issue on Symax protocol only. was created by goophoba
I've had a devo 7e for 5 or 6 weeks now. Right away I added a Nrf24l01+pa+lna module, as all my quads work off it, and the latest nightly build. A few weeks later I switched to the MJXq test build to fly my MJX quads also. Everything was great for a while after I put the nRF module in but over the past week or two I've been having trouble with the symax protocol. The other quads I have with me that are not on the symax protocol work just like they do with a stock tx (or better). I am on vacation and we have 4 symas, a cx-10, and a jj-1000 with us.

With Symax I get inconsistent binding requiring either one or two things; restarts of the binding on the 7e by shutoff or re-bind button until it works (usually within three or four tries), or if that is not going well I restart the quad and try again. Every so often when I flip the tx off or hit re-bind the lights go solid for about a full second then keep flashing.

I always manage to get a bind but it's not easy. Even if I get a bind I lose the connection at random it seems. I thought I killed my nRF module somehow, but the other quads work great, the jj-1000 even at a large distance manual flips and all, so I guess the module is ok.

With syma quads when I do connect it is either has lots of intermittent cutouts small enough to look like lag but not cause flashing, or/and it losses connection long enough to start flashing. It always rebinds within a moment but its enough to screw up manual flips or precision flying. This is regardless of distance, could be one foot or two hundred.

I've been testing syma binding this morning. My x11 quads (two of them) both bind and lose bind at the same time (I bound them concurrently). Both of our x5 quads also show the binding issue (but I did not test the x5 quads at the exact same time). The x11 quads are sitting next to me, with the 7e, bound as I wrote this and they have had momentary loss of bind flashing a number of times.

The other quads bind first time, every time.

Any ideas? I was thinking about going back to the nightly build and see what happens but I wanted to see what you guys thought first.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2015 20:15 #36742 by Richard96816
Replied by Richard96816 on topic Binding issue on Symax protocol only.
Do you have transmitter power cranked all the way up on that model?

Sounds like it's low.

More
10 Aug 2015 22:58 #36750 by goophoba
Replied by goophoba on topic Binding issue on Symax protocol only.
It a says 150 mW. Is there any other place the power could be changed?

More
11 Aug 2015 03:16 #36768 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Binding issue on Symax protocol only.
Is the behavior any different if you change the fixed ID? That will change which RF channels are used - could be a mistake in the channel table. Please note the ID before you change it so if that's the issue it can be investigated.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds