Devo 10 channel names

More
15 Aug 2015 01:45 - 15 Aug 2015 01:45 #36900 by skretchmer
Devo 10 channel names was created by skretchmer
Is it possible to change the "5-GEAR" designation on channel 5 on the Devo 10? (or the names of any of the first 5 channels for that matter.) The Devo 7e calls Ch5 HOLD, an the 10 uses GEAR. I have not been able to figure out a way, and I do not see any reference to it in the manual. I see where you can change the Virtual channel names, but nothing about the "real" channels. I fly helis exclusively, and would like to have the channel named more appropo to the actual function.

thanks
Last edit: 15 Aug 2015 01:45 by skretchmer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2015 05:43 #36907 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 10 channel names
No, you can't change the channel names

It's really weird that the 7E calls it HOLD. They normally follow the manufacturers standard usage, as the labels then match the labels on their receivers (at least if they label them with names), which makes setup easier. And HOLD isn't normally an Rx channel.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
15 Aug 2015 14:31 #36915 by skretchmer
Replied by skretchmer on topic Devo 10 channel names
that's not something coded into the firmware? (i would think that this "odd" naming could be fixed in Devaition with a code change?)

thanks

More
16 Aug 2015 07:07 #36937 by mwm
I think I misunderstood your question. Yes, a code change can changec the channel names. You can't do it without that, though.

If I were to change it, I'd makes the 7e read "5-GEAR", as that's what it is on the walkera Rxs. But without knowing vwhy the 7e says "5-HOLD", I'm leary of doing so.

More
17 Aug 2015 01:32 #36959 by skretchmer
Personally, I would like to see Ch1, Ch2, Ch3, etc.. Since the sources for mixers like left stick up/down have been designated with names already. On the Mixers screen, it seems redundant to have the channel named 1-THR to then be assigned the THR source.

thanks

More
18 Aug 2015 05:58 #37010 by mwm
Yes, but when you're connecting the receiver up, it's really, really nice to have labels on the channels that match the labels on the receiver!

The channel named "1-THR" doesn't have to have the THR source assigned to it. That's the default because you usually want them that way. But not always. In fact, the first time the issue of changing the names came up, it was because someone wanted the names to match his assignments.

More
18 Aug 2015 22:07 #37019 by skretchmer
heh, having the AIL input on the THR channel seems to make even less sense to me. At least with Ch1, Ch2, etc, you don't contribute to the confusion.

More
19 Aug 2015 06:41 #37025 by mwm
On some Rxs just numbers will contribute to the confusion, because the Rx labels are for the control they should be connected to, not numbers. They do that because on their txs, the default stick to channel mapping is the only one you get, so the only working setup is the one described by the labels. If you just have channel numbers like some other firmware I won't name, you're stuck wondering which end of the servos is channel 1, and hoping they were same enough that the servo ports are in numerical order. The smaller rxs have servos that aren't in a line, but so far all of those I've seen have channel numbers on the labels.

The guy who had the sticks on different channels was apparently using CPPM output on a clone Rx where the original didn't do CPPM, so the flight controller couldn't handle channels in that manufacturers channel order. If he were using one of there Txs, bed have between out of luck.

And as I've moved on to more exotic vehicles, the stick names have become less relevant, since they no longer correspond to my vehicle controls. And where they do, other factors may dictate putting them on the "wrong" channel. So just connect everything up so the names match, and be glad you have the flexibility to make them not match should you need it.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds