6 way switch with one auxilary switch by mixer

More
24 Aug 2015 21:18 #37184 by mario123
Hello,
I want to setup two 3 way switches to one 6 way switch for the purpose of different flight modes. And I want to have one switch which I can always switch to be in RTL mode(one of the other states, already implemented in the 6 way switch).
I already tried this. Please find my .ini file attached. My auxilary switch (RUDD DR) and one of my 3 way switches(MIX) work great. But the FMODE switch is simply doing nothing. On the hardwareside it works correct.
Thank you for your help in advance.

Mario

P.S. Is your .ini without any stops or returns after editing it on the tx, too.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2015 01:38 #37186 by Jasenk
I think you will still need something additional to select one switch over the other. How could the tx know to override one 3 way switch from the other? You could use the add function when you have the second switch on fmod1 or fmod2 but that is still only 5 modes. Ingnoring fmod(0) for example. You would have 5 pages, mix(0) is fixed, mix1 is fixed, mix2 is fixed, fmod1 is add and fmod 2 is add. This would only work if fmod was only switched when 1 particular mix switch position was selected like mix2. If you use another switch to select mix or fmod then you can have 6 variations. But now you have 3 switches for 6 flight modes. You could do it with 2 switches like an array. Fmod(0) and mix(0) = fm 1, fmod1 and mix(0) = fm 2, fmod2 and mix(0) = fm 3, fmod1 and mix1 = fm4, fmod1 and mix1 = fm5, fmod1 and mix2 =fm6, fmod2 and mix(0)= fm7, fmod2 and mix1 = fm8, fmod2 and mix2 = fm9. In that example you have 9 flight modes but you would need to make sure all the values would line up. What s nightmare that would be.

Good luck. I hope this helps.

-Jasen

More
27 Aug 2015 20:35 #37249 by mario123
Replied by mario123 on topic 6 way switch with one auxilary switch by mixer
Thank you. This helped me a lot.
Now I set it up so that I'm using 3 switches to switch 6 Flightmodes. It's probably not the most efficcent way of doing this, but it works for me.

More
27 Aug 2015 21:15 #37250 by mwm
You can do six modes with two switches (one 2-way and one 3-way) a number of ways.

For instance, use the 3-way to create 3 values 20, 60 and 100 (or some such). Then multiply by the 2-way to so if off, it changes the values to -20, -60 and -100.

Or you could set up the 2-way as two values of 70 and 100, then have the three-way either do nothing, or add values of -60 and (giving values of 40 and 10) and -80 (giving values of 20 and 0).

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds