How to use deviation

More
09 Sep 2015 14:05 #37598 by Gerhard
How to use deviation was created by Gerhard
Hi,
I have just updated my Devo 10 transmitter with the latest Deviation software. (This is all new to me) The download and upgrade was a great success but how do I now get my Master CP to bind with my transmitter. I am not sure were to start. Once the binding issue have been sorted out, I need to workout how do I load the Master CP setting on my Devo 10 transmitter. Is this something that I will have to do manually on the transmitter or is there a file that I can use somewhere in the Deviation library.

Hopefully someone will have the potions to guide me through the process. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2015 22:54 #37604 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic How to use deviation
First, find a Model.ini file for it. Just search the "model config" part of the forum for Master CP and find one you like. A Devo 8 model file will work on the Devo 10 without changes. A Devo 12 model file may require you to fix the switch assignments. A Devo 6 or 7E model file will definitely require you to fix the switch assignments, but there are desktop tools available to do that semi-automatically. Ask here if you want help with fixing them or pointers to those tools.

Once you've got your model.ini file, you plug your Tx into your computer again, and turn it on as a disk. Copy the model.ini file to the Models folder on the disk, changing the name to have a number in it. Just replacing one of the existing models will work. Again, there are desktop tools for managing your model files as well.

If it was previously bound, you'll have to clear the bind code on the Master CP. Or on the Rx in it if it's got a separate Rx. Now Power on the Master CP, and it should start searching for a Tx.

On the Devo, Hit Enter, then go to Model Menu > Model Setup > Bind Id, and clear that so it's None. Then go to Mode Menu > Model Setup > Re-Init and select that. The two should connect, and you can fly it.

To bind the Master CP so it will only connect to that Tx, go back to Model Menu > Model Setup > Bind Id, and put in a number. Newer versions will generate a random one for you. Then go to Model Menu > Model Setup > Bind (Bind and Re-Init are the same button; it changes depending on whether you have a Bind Id or not) and hit that.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 Sep 2015 23:25 #37608 by gdenton
Replied by gdenton on topic How to use deviation
Hi mwm,
A pointer to those tools would be greatly appreciated, I searched and can't find them.
Thanks.

More
10 Sep 2015 00:16 #37613 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic How to use deviation
Greenfly's model file utility: deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-discussi...tility-updated#36867

I don't know if there are separate Windows & everything else binaries, but it started life on Windows, and there is a verion for Linux and other Unix systems available, but you'll need to install Mono to run it.

That can invoke my model file switch conversion utility ( deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-discussi...h-conversion-utility ) to convert a model. The idea is to set up default conversions to turn switches that are on some other Tx into the appropriate switches on yours. With a 10, you should be ok importing everything but files from a 12.

Here's a page listing which switches are on each Tx: bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/w...ansmitter%20switches I think it lists them by label on the Tx, not name in the model file, so you may have to check on that.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
10 Sep 2015 22:19 #37645 by Gerhard
Replied by Gerhard on topic How to use deviation
Hi mvm,

Thank you for the davise, my Master CP can now bind with my Devo 10 again.
My next "project" will be to try and update the RX on my Master CP and then also try to get my V911, V977, CX 10 mini quad, Tarantila 6X and my own build 250 "racing" quad to work with my Devo 10.

I gues I am going to be bussy for the next year with debugging and problem solving.

Once again, thank you for your advise.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds