3 position switch on devo 10

More
18 Sep 2015 17:17 - 18 Sep 2015 18:05 #37853 by pg76
3 position switch on devo 10 was created by pg76
Im looking to set up the three position switch on my devo 10 as my flight mode switch, it is linked to apm 2.6 on a 450 quad, the receiver is spektrum AR6100, the reason being is i need three flight modes for my CAA course and i only have one spare channel, after a few days of playing with the TX i cannot figure out how to set this up, it was really simple with my spektrum TX but that died :(
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2015 18:05 by pg76.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2015 00:44 #37861 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic 3 position switch on devo 10
Well, without knowing how it was set up on the Spektrum Tx, or what the model expects to see, it's sort of hard to tell you how to set up deviation for it. Impossible to do it and know it's right.

You need to configure APM to pick flight mode based on your one spar channel (you've got a 12 channel Tx here - how many are you using!?!). Then set that channel up on the Tx to have values of -100,0,100 based on the switch position. You can't do that in the Standard GUI - you have to use the advanced one. The easy way is to set the channel to a complex mix type, and use three mixers. Each one has a curve type of fixed, switch set to the appropriate FMODE (0, 1 or 2), and the scale value set to the value you want output for that switch position.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
01 Oct 2015 17:48 #38319 by pg76
Replied by pg76 on topic 3 position switch on devo 10
apologies for the late reply, Im at sea with limited internet at the moment, the ar6100 receiver was only bound and set up in the APM 2.6 flight controller, this is for a 450 quad , on the spektrum tx i had to use mixing of two switches to create up to four outputs but i wanted to use the one switch/PWM channel for flight mode as i also wanted a spare channel for retractable landing gear for better photography, I understand that i have to use a complex mix to do this and the three values of -100,0 and 100 as i can see these in the monitor option but have absolutely no idea how to do it, i did try but as i remember i was struggling to get my head around the three F-Mode switches onto the one PWM channel.
Hope this makes sense to somebody :)

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds