Is multi-module necessary if installing 2 mods

More
25 Sep 2015 18:41 - 25 Sep 2015 18:59 #38060 by Arnold
I'm thinking to install the NRF and A7105 modules in my 10. Is it necessary to use the multi-module board? If not necessary, is there any advantage to doing so? Also, what's the difference between the multi-module and the proposed Universal board? (I don't see a Universal board available anywhere.) I searched, but didn't turn up answers.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?
Last edit: 25 Sep 2015 18:59 by Arnold.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2015 22:08 #38064 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Is multi-module necessary if installing 2 mods
No you don't need it.

Advantage is, theoretically easier progression to add more modules in future.

AFAIK, the Universal board is intended as a single board having multiple transceiver chips onboard, whereas the multi-module ties together multiple separate modules.

More
27 Sep 2015 03:03 #38097 by mwm
The universal module is a drop-in replacement for the CYRF module in the 6/8/10(/12?) - no soldering required.. It not only switches signaling between the various RF modules, but switches their output into a single antenna. I believe PBR has also found room for a bluetooth module on it, so you can configure it from some form of computer while it's in the transmitter. I'm sure other uses will be found for that as well - say logging telemetry data, or sending alerts back to said computer for voice output.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds