multiple deveiation 4.0 files

More
09 Oct 2015 05:11 #38616 by stuntsturkal
multiple deveiation 4.0 files was created by stuntsturkal
Hello folks,
New here and really green regarding deviation firmware. I have managed to download multiple 4.0 firmware files to my computer and now cant remove extra copies. When I try to delete I get a prompt telling me "A copy is in use elsewhere." attempts to delete any of the files from my document or download files results in the same prompt. Needless to say I can't update my devo 8s until I have a clean single copy. I could sure use some help.
Thanks in advance
Stunts
"I've always depended on the kindness of strangers"
Blanch DuBois

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2015 07:07 #38620 by linux-user
Replied by linux-user on topic multiple deveiation 4.0 files
As with most computer-problems reboot of the PC is a good idea.
Besides that some questions:
- Which Operating-system?
- Which browser?
- Was there a reason why you downloaded the firmware more than once?
- What is the exact name of the file you can't delete?

More
09 Oct 2015 23:27 #38671 by stuntsturkal
Replied by stuntsturkal on topic multiple deveiation 4.0 files
lol good questions! I've rebooted a couple of times.
my computer runs Windows 8 with internet explorer browser.
the files are: 100mwDEVO_8S ,
and: deviation-devo8-v4.0.1
I also managed to stick this file in my c/: program files: deviation-devo8-v4.0.1 DFU
I was really stoopid and did not watch the Tom Zadow video on downloading and installing the dfus tool and deviation until after I boned the whole thing.
I purchased a walkera v120d20s/devo 8s package and got out of my depth really quickly. Between the tx issues and heli setup I'm chasing my tail (just like my helicopter as a matter of fact.) If I can set up my tx to download I'll be able to download beginner/hover files while learning the set up for the heli. I had thought the transition from 4ch fp to CP would be just an extension of my FP skill and really did not understand the principles behind pitch and throttle on the more sophisticated craft. even though I only managed a maiden crash with the v120 I can see how rewarding it will be to fly in the wide open spaces.
Any help is greatly appreciated,
Stunts

More
10 Oct 2015 13:24 - 10 Oct 2015 13:25 #38688 by linux-user
Replied by linux-user on topic multiple deveiation 4.0 files
Hi, first of all
don't chace two rabbnits
Separate the "Howto setup cp-heli" an your computer problems!

1.) To setup CP heli
you may read:
www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=387140
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...vo-7e-super-cp#17888

2.) For your PC problems:
- take a breath
- If you can't delete some files, leave them and take care of that problem some time later.
close all windows, reboot, than try again - you should than be able to delete unnecessary files.
- when downloading files, click "save file" ... c:\users\stunts\Downloads\ should be the default path for internet explorer

3.) How to install deviation on your Devo
www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/1094-ho...o-deviation-firmware
And read the user manual
Last edit: 10 Oct 2015 13:25 by linux-user.

More
10 Oct 2015 23:01 #38696 by stuntsturkal
Thank you Linux!
I have let the rabbits relax and downloaded the recommended files. I forgot the principle of "keep it simple stupid".
I'll give the rabbits a rest and chase the Devo bunny first.
Talk to you soon...
Stunts

More
12 Oct 2015 16:50 #38764 by stuntsturkal
Hello...
Well I got the dfuse tool installed and it recognizes my tx!! I am at the point where you click on the dfu file in the open folder. At that point I get an error msg :" File is in wrong format". that's the point where I'm stuck. I've watched the Tom Zadow video multiple times and my thanks to Tom for his gracious efforts. I'm certain I'm missing a step, besides being in new territory.My total exposure to formatting a hard drive is with a file wizard.This old dog hunts but needs to learn some new tricks.
I'm almost there and really appreciate the help. I will return the gift in kind when I can.
Stunts

More
13 Oct 2015 08:04 #38773 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic multiple deveiation 4.0 files
I can think of a couple of things that could cause that error.

1) You're trying to download the wrong file.What's the full name of the dfu file you're using?

2) You're trying to use the wrong dfuse tool. STM (makers of the cpus in the Devo tx's) have one that won't work - Walkera made some arbitrary changes to the data (but not the protocol), and I'm not sure what would happen if you used the STM (or any other tool that implemented the standard DFU protocol) on a Walkera'ified dfu file. So are you sure you got the Walkera dfuse tool?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
13 Oct 2015 20:10 #38779 by stuntsturkal
hmmm using this file: DevoDfuSe_v1.7_Setup. I downloaded it from this site. Its listed as a devo 8 file not a 8s. I forgot my walkera.com user name so I cannot log in using my email address or retrieve my password.

More
13 Oct 2015 20:35 - 13 Oct 2015 20:36 #38780 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic multiple deveiation 4.0 files
Try this link...
walkera-fans.de/downloads/
Under section "tools" is what you need.

walkera-fans.de/download/tools/dfuse/Dfuse%20USB%20Upgrade%20Tools%202.3.zip

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 13 Oct 2015 20:36 by aMax.

More
13 Oct 2015 23:44 - 14 Oct 2015 02:12 #38782 by stuntsturkal
Amax and Linux-U,
You guys are great! I admit this has been difficult for me to work through but SUCCESS, I have downloaded the deviation 4.0. I could not have done it without this forum and the generous assistance of you and a community ready to help a real greenie.
Now another newb question: Is it possible to download models to my TX? for example a v120d02s v2 beginner/hover file?
I believe this would help my learning curve as it would give me a template to modify and have a graphic model as I start learning the functions of pit curves and throttle. I am reading what I find on the internet regarding these functions but being able to observe them on the TX and heli in real time would fit my cognitive style..
I am keeping in mind not to "chase two rabbits" so the TX is first.
HOLD EVERYTHING!!
I put the cart before my horse. I did install the deviation firmware on my TX. It is communicating via USB and I can view a set up file on my PC. However the TX only shows a blank screen with a tool icon and a settings icon when either button is touched I get a settings field but all empty. in other words no model select etc.
In addition my TX no longer shows on my PC as a removable hard drive (drive H in my case.) I'm thinking I need a lib file?
I have a sinking feeling that I have wiped out the devention settings and boned my TX entirely.
Tell me it ain't so Joe! :sick:
Maybe I should just buy a Fisher Price pull toy....
Last edit: 14 Oct 2015 02:12 by stuntsturkal. Reason: fools tax

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds