7e NRF24L01 instalation failed "Missing modules"

More
11 Oct 2015 14:46 #38739 by serum
What might seem confusing is that you need to combine/connect the CE tot the VCC, (red and pink dot in the guide you followed)

You did combine these two?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2015 15:18 #38740 by hexfet
The entire ini file may appear as one line if the editor does not recognize linux newlines . Best to use an editor that handles it properly, though it looks like the deviation code will read files with windows newlines.

The nightly build code includes a check that each enabled module can be written to and read from. It can't distinguish whether the error is due to a bad module or faulty wiring.

More
11 Oct 2015 23:45 #38749 by Daryoon
Yes, Multirotor Go's problem may very well be that he corrupted his hardware.ini file. All the lines appearing as one, without break indicates this to be true.

Also, you can't just copy and paste in your friend's file if you're still using a text editor that does not respect the hidden end of line code.

I would download and install a proper text editor like Notepad++ . Then move over a new copy of the hardware.ini from the Deviation firmware you downloaded for your Devo7e.

Then open that new file in Notepad++ editor and remove the semi colon. Ensuring that A13 or A14 is correct, depending on if you solder to the TMS or TCK location in your Devo7e.

Then you can come back here and confirm whether it's working or not. Only knowing that the hardware.ini file was not corrupted can we proceed.

More
12 Oct 2015 02:38 - 12 Oct 2015 02:42 #38752 by Multirotor Go
Replied by Multirotor Go on topic 7e NRF24L01 instalation failed "Missing modules"
Ok

Well I redid everything, from striping the wires and tinning them.

All the connection are good nothing is shorting, tried TMS and Now I am in TCK

Erased everything from devo folder and unzipped everything again directly to devo folder

I downloaded the notepad program and edited from there.

I have this deviation installed deviation-devo7e-v4.0.1-eabe723

Still I get "Missing modules : NRF24101" :( I tried to atach the screen picture of my hardware file but the system don't alow it nomatter how small I make it.
Last edit: 12 Oct 2015 02:42 by Multirotor Go.

More
12 Oct 2015 05:25 #38757 by Daryoon
Please share a picture. There's so many ways to do so with the internet if the forum software isn't allowing you.

A screenshot of what your hardware.ini looks like.

A screenshot of what your Devo7e drive looks like.

More
12 Oct 2015 06:27 #38758 by Multirotor Go
Replied by Multirotor Go on topic 7e NRF24L01 instalation failed "Missing modules"

More
12 Oct 2015 09:30 - 13 Oct 2015 08:39 #38759 by aMax
:whistle: ....."libportaudio-2.dll"...... did you install from 7e emulator file?

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 13 Oct 2015 08:39 by aMax.

More
12 Oct 2015 15:38 #38762 by Daryoon
The hardware.ini looks correct to me now. I know you said you have it soldered to the TCK location. So A14 is properly set.

More
12 Oct 2015 16:44 #38763 by Multirotor Go
no. what you call emulator? the Dfuse utility?

More
12 Oct 2015 23:16 #38768 by RedSleds
There are two files for each model of transmitter. One is the firmware deviation-devo7e-vX.X.X that is loaded to the transmitter which makes it a DeviationTx.

The other is deviation-emu7e-vX.X.X, it is an emulator, which is a program that only runs on your computer to SIMULATE how a DeviationTx responds.

The firmware file that needs to be flashed to your transmitter is the deviation-devo7e-vX.X.X, and absolutely NOT the deviation-emu7e-vX.X.X

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)

More
04 Nov 2015 22:17 #39570 by knave
I am having this same issue, I've been looking around and there is not a lot of info about it.

In my situation I soldered in my NRF24L01 Checked my connections and all looked good, installed the 4.01 firmware and it seamed OK, (This is because that build doesn't check data)
I did struggle a bit with the nightly build and the MJXq but eventually got it installed and configured correctly. But I get the "missing Modules: NRF24L01" error.

I'm not an expert but can solder and have no trouble using Notepad++ to edit the INI files.

I re-checked all my solder joints and re-flowed a few, re-installed 4.01 wiped the USB re copied the file tree and re-edited the INI's. Then installed the nightly and same error.

Crap. This time I removed the whole thing cleaned it up, replaced the wires and made sure there were no bridged points...and very carefully soldered each connection again.
Re installed 4.01 and set the ini's, nightly and nope missing NRF20L01. \

I am about ready to just buy another one (but that option really sucks)

Anyone have any insight?

More
05 Nov 2015 16:16 #39612 by Daryoon
Often times, ppl forget to copy over the new filesytem when they update firmware.

Each firmware comes with the updated files that needs to be copied over. Mixing up firmware and files is one way to cause the error you have.

More
05 Nov 2015 17:12 #39613 by knave
I had considered that I "messed up my file system somehow" So I reflashed the nightly and reformatted the USB storage and copied the nightly file system and I still get the error.

I will take another look and see if I'm missing something. Perhaps I didn't do the file copying in the right order or something.

Thanks for the reply.

More
05 Nov 2015 17:26 #39614 by bmw111
Hmm. I have two of these modules bought from BG, am waiting to see how this gets resolved before attempting install into my 6S and 10! Wish I could help, but I'm a newb to Deviation.

More
05 Nov 2015 17:34 #39615 by Deal57
Perhaps a photo of your installation would help. Sometimes another set of eyes may see something you don't. It could certainly be a bad module, and you seems to have ruled out the hardware.ini settings, so the last elements to rule out are the actual connections.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
05 Nov 2015 18:05 #39620 by Multirotor Go

knave wrote: I am having this same issue, I've been looking around and there is not a lot of info about it.

In my situation I soldered in my NRF24L01 Checked my connections and all looked good, installed the 4.01 firmware and it seamed OK, (This is because that build doesn't check data)
I did struggle a bit with the nightly build and the MJXq but eventually got it installed and configured correctly. But I get the "missing Modules: NRF24L01" error.

I'm not an expert but can solder and have no trouble using Notepad++ to edit the INI files.

I re-checked all my solder joints and re-flowed a few, re-installed 4.01 wiped the USB re copied the file tree and re-edited the INI's. Then installed the nightly and same error.

Crap. This time I removed the whole thing cleaned it up, replaced the wires and made sure there were no bridged points...and very carefully soldered each connection again.
Re installed 4.01 and set the ini's, nightly and nope missing NRF20L01. \

I am about ready to just buy another one (but that option really sucks)

Anyone have any insight?

Where you bought your module and which date was shipped?

I bought mine at banggood and was shipped Jul/29/2015

I bought another one and is almost here, also bought it at banggood, I thought it could be a bad one but at the moment didn't thought of the possibility of a big batch being defective. Maybe I should have bought the second one in another place.

I re did everything, from the soldering to the software installation, file installation and still get the module missing message. Maybe next week I will receive the new module for installation.

More
05 Nov 2015 22:42 #39628 by knave
I bought my module from banggood on 9/1/2015

I have ordered a second also from Banggood...I looked and their really wasn't a better place. This time I just got the $5 version W/o antenna.

Let me know how it goes.

More
06 Nov 2015 00:07 #39631 by Deal57
I just received one of those, SKU130030, 2.4G NRF24L01 PA LNA Wireless Module 16*32mm Without Antenna, and it works great, and the best value around.

If possible post a photo of your connections, and the hardware.ini file.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
06 Nov 2015 01:23 #39632 by Multirotor Go

knave wrote: I bought my module from banggood on 9/1/2015

I have ordered a second also from Banggood...I looked and their really wasn't a better place. This time I just got the $5 version W/o antenna.

Let me know how it goes.

My first one was the one with antenna, my second one is the one without antenna. will see what happens

More
13 Nov 2015 19:39 #40019 by Quad_Craze
Replied by Quad_Craze on topic 7e NRF24L01 instalation failed "Missing modules"
howdy, technically you have 2 spaces between the line
; has_pa-cc2500 = 1
and the next line
enable-nrf24lo1 = A14 (note the 1 space at start of this line)
and also 2 spaces between the next line
has_pa-nrf24lo1 = 1
codes and html etc can be sensitive to spaces so its worth a try ....delete that space at the start of BOTH lines you adjusted in the code (so they sit right up against the border) and umm then cross ya fingers lol

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds