Helicopter vs Airplane Throttle feel

More
15 Oct 2015 01:12 #38823 by Jasenk
Helicopter vs Airplane Throttle feel was created by Jasenk
I've had a Devo 10 for a year now and just bought another for my father. As I was setting it up I noticed his new Devo 10 has a smooth throttle feel and mine has a detent style feel. I believe smooth is mainly for helicopter and detent is for airplanes. Any insight on this would be nice. Altimately I'd like to change mine to a smooth feel if possible. Has anyone converted theirs? Seems like the transmitter would have to have the option inside to do so.

Thanks!

-Jasen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2015 01:20 #38824 by 944storm
Replied by 944storm on topic Helicopter vs Airplane Throttle feel
You can set they way the throttle gimbles feel by adjusting the tension of a metal bar inside the transmitter. It has a phillips head screw and is on the throttle gimble.
I've loosened mine up for a nice smooth feel.
Good luck!

More
15 Oct 2015 01:57 - 15 Oct 2015 02:01 #38826 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic Helicopter vs Airplane Throttle feel
In this same vein, the left (throttle) stick on my white Devo-10 rests at the bottom of the throw, while my buddy's black Devo-10 rests at the center position. Is this also something that can be changed inside the transmitter?

<Edit> I checked the book, but it doesn't say anything about this.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?
Last edit: 15 Oct 2015 02:01 by Arnold.

More
15 Oct 2015 02:05 #38827 by 944storm
Replied by 944storm on topic Helicopter vs Airplane Throttle feel
Yes, you can make it spring back to the middle. The throttle stick has the center return spring disabled. You can re-enable by opening the transmitter and looking at the throttle gimble. You will see a screw holding a plastic tab on the right hand side up. The spring will be visibly stretched. Remove the screw and it will now return to center.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds