Is DEVO 12E supported?

More
22 Oct 2015 11:26 #39126 by i556
Is DEVO 12E supported? was created by i556
Hi,
I am interested in using the deviation software on the DEVO 12E ( picture here ) . Is that transmitter supported?
I found a branch bitbucket.org/deviationtx/deviation/branch/devo12e - what should I use: that branch or simply the latest 4.0.1 version from downloads?

Thank you and best regards, i556

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2015 11:41 #39127 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Is DEVO 12E supported?

More
22 Oct 2015 12:55 #39128 by i556
Replied by i556 on topic Is DEVO 12E supported?
Thank you for quick reply. If there is a chance to continue development I could help with further testing. Have skills in electronics and programming and tools like oscilloscopes etc.....

More
22 Oct 2015 13:09 #39129 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Is DEVO 12E supported?
Yep!
He will return sooner or later, and he can make it work very quickly.
Detailed pictures of both sides of the inner PCBs and the exact type of used ICs on them would help.

Get the stock fw so you can revert back to it after you tried the test builds.

BTW on the link you posted, the first picture is of a DEVO 10... :)

More
22 Oct 2015 13:27 #39130 by i556
Replied by i556 on topic Is DEVO 12E supported?
Sorry for the picture - link was from Alibaba shop for illustration purposes :) . Would be glad to hear from PhracturedBlue and if he is happy continue with 12E I am in.

More
28 Dec 2015 20:05 #41204 by nwoodschris
Replied by nwoodschris on topic Is DEVO 12E supported?
I am wondering if there has been any progress on the 12E. I want to buy a second transmitter for back-up and buddy box and would maybe get the 12E because of it's wireless buddy box ability. I am also wondering if that would ever be usable in deviation though. If not I will probably just buy another Devo 10. I was thinking about an F12E (for the fpv screen) but it's expensive and I can't tell if the 5.8ghz has the right channels for all fpv transmitters so I could also use goggles simultaneously. I was probably going to get a separate 5.8ghz receiver screen and somehow attach to my Devo 10 or 12E (if that is supported). So basically I am wondering if spending the extra $$ on the 12E (not F12E) for the purpose of wireless buddy box in deviation is worth it. Thanks for your advice/recommendations.

More
29 Dec 2015 03:30 #41227 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Is DEVO 12E supported?
You can't depend on wireless buddy boxing to work in deviation just because it's supported in devention. You can take it with an Rx that does PPM output with a 10, though. Plug the PPM output of the Rx into the trainer port of the master, then bind the slave to that Rx.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
29 Dec 2015 03:33 #41228 by nwoodschris
Replied by nwoodschris on topic Is DEVO 12E supported?
Thanks that's a great idea. How would I power the receiver?

If I can do that I think I'll just get another Devo 10 and use one as master and the other as slave.

More
29 Dec 2015 03:42 #41230 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Is DEVO 12E supported?
The easy answer to power it would be with a separate rx battery like a 2S LiFe pack. You might also try pulling power from inside the Tx. The battery proper on a 10 is liable to be too high a voltage, but if you used one of the 4AA transmitters that should work fine. Or if you're using a multicell rechargeable battery, maybe from the charge cable from one or two cells.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds