Noob is lost, Devo 7e & Syma X5C-1

More
23 Oct 2015 19:25 #39149 by DDudeinar
Noob is lost, Devo 7e & Syma X5C-1 was created by DDudeinar
I have a Devo 7e and I'm trying to use my Syma X5C-1 with it and I cannot get it to bind. When I go to the model config and the videos I have seen said to go to the re-init button and hit ENT on it and it's supposed to have something pop up but nothing does on mine, also I can't select the Symax protocol and turn X5C on or off. Everything else has been working fine. It has recognized the added module and I can access the protocol but I can't get it to bind. Any help would be awesome because I am just starting out and I have no idea what I'm doing. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2015 20:20 #39150 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic Noob is lost, Devo 7e & Syma X5C-1
How many time do you have your X5C-1 ?
Is reported, Syma changed (again) something on his protocol from some months ago, and now all new models comes with the new protocol version.
This new protocol version is not included yet under Deviation, because nobody has captured SPI traces from a new TX.
I guess this will be solved in a while...

More
23 Oct 2015 20:25 #39151 by DDudeinar
Replied by DDudeinar on topic Noob is lost, Devo 7e & Syma X5C-1
My Syma is about a month old so that should be it but the controller doesn't even try to bind to anything period. Some other protocols will let me try to bind but of course fails because there's nothing to bind to. But with the Symax protocol I can't even get it to try to bind to anything. When I get home I can upload a video if that helps at all

More
23 Oct 2015 20:31 #39152 by Durete
If you are sure your nRF module is working (do you have any other nRF protocol model to test? ), I'm pretty confident your issue is because the new protocol version ;)

More
23 Oct 2015 22:13 #39156 by DDudeinar
It recognized the module and it works so then it must be that. I am using the newest nightly build. any chance there will be an update to fix this problem soon?

More
23 Oct 2015 22:20 #39158 by Durete
We need someone capture SPI traces from a new TX ;) . I guess is a minor change in the protocol.
I can't help here, I don't have any new TX.

More
23 Oct 2015 23:07 #39160 by DDudeinar
Darn well thanks for your help anyways!

More
24 Oct 2015 00:33 #39161 by QC102
Replied by QC102 on topic Noob is lost, Devo 7e & Syma X5C-1
Just to chime in.... your Syma may be one month old to you... but depending where you purchased - it could have been assembled 12 months ago and been in stock in China factory before being sold to a reselller - who again may have it it in stock. Just saying....

More
07 Jan 2016 13:16 #41472 by Vandal
Replied by Vandal on topic Noob is lost, Devo 7e & Syma X5C-1
I know this is an older thread, but are there any news regarding the new Syma protocol? Or is there a way of checking the production date of the x5c-1?

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds