Dynam E Razor 250 and deviation

More
02 Nov 2015 17:29 - 02 Nov 2015 17:30 #39472 by stuntsturkal
Dynam E Razor 250 and deviation was created by stuntsturkal
Hi flyers,
The subject wags the dog. Will a walkera 8s w/ deviation 4.1 bind with a Dynam E Razor 250? If so could anyone point me to a tutorial. What I have seen seems to require some complicated programming to accommodate the gyro included with the helicopter.
As always thank you.
Last edit: 02 Nov 2015 17:30 by stuntsturkal. Reason: spelling error

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2015 18:06 #39515 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Dynam E Razor 250 and deviation
Hi,

Paddle 250 or FBL?
What receiver specifically do you use on the heli?

If you manage to put a Spektrum DSMx or Devo receiver onto the heli, plug the gyro into the RX port, it will speak to your Devo 8s.

More
03 Nov 2015 22:59 #39523 by stuntsturkal
Replied by stuntsturkal on topic Dynam E Razor 250 and deviation
Thanks Thomas,
I am looking for the fbl model but would take the fb model. I have not been able to find one in stock in the US (Chinese shipping time!!) but will bite that bullet when I fire it.
I suppose the RX could be one that 1. binds to an 8s with deviation and 2. does not require TX mods.
I am a real novice with some vision and finger dexterity issues, that's why I'm looking for a larger heli. I'm also rather bored with Walkeras limited and shrinking Heli variety. (no disrespect to WL fans)

More
04 Nov 2015 12:08 #39547 by Thomas.Heiss
So novice means you are you a CP beginner? Then don't go for 3s 250er! Too much power. More agile than 450er. This is what advice you can read in beginner threads...

The newer Gaui X3 or Blade 360CFX and kind of models which have >325mm (450er) blades are probably a bit more stable than this 250er.

You really should first look for a BEGINNER CP heli like WlToys 977, Blade NanoCPX, NanoCPS, Walkera MiniCP, SuperCP, etc.
Less weight (<60g)...more crashresistent.
Depends where you can fly. MCPx or Graupner Heim 3D (Hisky 80) are not CPs for indoor living room.

And do yourself a favour and get a SIM like RealFlight, Reflex XTR, Heli-X, Next, Phoenix...
Personally I would go for a quad first (like Blade MQX) :-)

Well, paddle in the 250er size...probably not a very good idea (have not flown one)?!
I fly Blade 4503D paddle, but would not go for 1st/2nd CP heli to really learn on it (crashed it once, paddle setup is not THAT easy). Higher crash / Blade replacement costs.

So what is wrong with Walkera MiniCP/SuperCP or Blade MQX to get first live trainings?

Receivers:
You may want to go for EZNov Neuron FBL (which supports DSMX sats) or Spirit System FBL.
Besides supporting Spektrum satellites they also support digital bus protocols (one wire to your receiver).
BeastX Plus/Pro is the next option. Spektrum AR7210BX with SAFE coming...

If you go for any Dynam proprietary FBL all-in one receiver this may not work out with DeviationTX and standard DSM/DEVO/J6Pro protocols.

One of Dynam's FBL system was "Dynam 3GS" which is a Tarot ZYX (or ZYX-s?) FBL.
Not sure what they include nowadays.

Thomas

More
04 Nov 2015 14:33 #39552 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Dynam E Razor 250 and deviation
I'll second all of what Thomas said. While bigger has historically been better for a first CP heli, that's because they are more stable. But being small enough to fly indoors changes things, as there is no wind for the size to help fight! So the lower cost becomes a major factor. That you can buy a new 100 size CP heli for the cost of repairing a blade strike on a 450 heli makes them good learning platforms.

I started with the Mini CP, and its still a lot of fun to fly. But walkera apparently abandoning the heli market is worrisome.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
04 Nov 2015 15:29 #39554 by stuntsturkal
Replied by stuntsturkal on topic Dynam E Razor 250 and deviation
Hi guys, Thomas and mwm thanks for your feedback, lots of good info.
yes I am new to cp I've had a v120d02s v2 for a couple of months. I'm waiting for a slip clutch but meanwhile I have played with the motor disconnected/connected and observed the pitch and throttle curves
I live in the Mojave Desert, 300 days of sunshine and moderate temperature so I prefer to fly out doors. I have some fp minis for playing indoors but with furniture, 5 dogs and a tiny house (did I mention a wife?) its not much fun (did I mention a wife). Flying the v120 indoors is not an option..
I have looked at the master CP quite a bit and it is a good candidate although I'd really like to have a belt drive tail. My experience with rear motors is that they don't respond very quickly to input, burn out and are ugly. Crashes do cost money but that's not a deciding factor for me. The learning curve will be steeper. I feel that skipping the cp, rear motor step will be some what like the coaxial to single prop transition advocated by some. I was really bored with my coaxial after a few flights
A 450 size is not being considered right as I would be a danger to myself and others maybe later. I do fly the heck out of a WL912 and really enjoy the size and visibility, It got away in a breeze and toured the area but by using the TX I located it by sound. That made me think of a walkera 400gps but its a little large.
I know I've put in a lot of buts and ifs but believe me feedback from folks like you have really added to my selection process and is very much appreciated. thank you so much. I hope someday to be able to advise a stubborn old poop like me to give back to the community.
Stunts

More
04 Nov 2015 16:09 - 04 Nov 2015 16:11 #39557 by Thomas.Heiss
Update: Missed reading your 2nd answer before posting this...

I re-tested flying the paddle Trex250 in the 3D rendered indoor hall in Reflex XTR V5.03.1 SIM.
Yes, it makes fun :-)

Blade 130X (FBL) Reflex XTR model seem to only work with newer Reflex XTR versions (maybe V5.05, V5.06)...
Blade 130X model (FBL) was flying good in RealFlight 6.5 and will in V7 + V7.5.

I used both on
- my start of inverted CP training beginning 2013
- and training reflexes / wall-curve coordination for our real-live 3 field indoor sports hall (used the NanoCPX in the sports hall)

My feeling is that the Trex450SE V2 paddle even flys within Reflex XTR scenary Roedinghausen indoor hall more calm compared to the Trex250 paddle model.

The Blade 130X was fun too in RealFlight outdoor scenario - but even more agile.
I flew the real 130X from my buddy 5 times outdoor. Was very comparable.

No, the Blade 130X is no beginner CP heli as well as. You definitely should not get it as it is discontinued and replaced by Blade 180CFX (no beginner CP heli as well as).

But those little heli sizes make lot of fun in the SIM if there is an indoor sports hall scenario available :-)

For outdoor scenaries bigger models (Goblin 500, KDS Agile 7.2, Mikado Logo Xtreme 800, Logo 480 Xtreme) are better visable.

Hope the tips of Mike and me get you a little bit further?

Thomas
Last edit: 04 Nov 2015 16:11 by Thomas.Heiss.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds