Deviation User Survey

More
05 Nov 2015 15:02 - 06 Nov 2015 17:25 #39609 by mwm
Deviation User Survey was created by mwm
In order to get a better idea of what the deviation user base is like, I've set up a survey form. If you use deviation on a transmitter, could you take a few minutes to fill it out?

docs.google.com/forms/d/10yCwkXLnQUufACc...uQ9q5hU5J9c/viewform

it's anonymous, so I have no issues about making the results will be publicly available. While I hope the development community finds this information useful, there are no guarantees on what they'll do with it.

EDIT: Once you finish the survey, you get a link to the summary of the responses. For convenience, it's docs.google.com/forms/d/10yCwkXLnQUufACc...hU5J9c/viewanalytics

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 06 Nov 2015 17:25 by mwm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2015 19:14 #39624 by teddy04
Replied by teddy04 on topic Deviation User Survey
Hey good idea.

Please change the settings for the 7E model, I don't have one and have to enter some question about these unit

Regards micha

More
05 Nov 2015 20:51 - 05 Nov 2015 22:27 #39626 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic Deviation User Survey
Can you put a link to the results somewhere so we can all see how the responses pile up over the next week or so, please? :cheer:
Looks like around 30 responses in the first 5 hours. - 40 in 7 hours.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?
Last edit: 05 Nov 2015 22:27 by Arnold.

More
06 Nov 2015 02:43 #39636 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Deviation User Survey

teddy04 wrote: Please change the settings for the 7E model, I don't have one and have to enter some question about these unit

Um. no. I really want to know what everyone thinks about this, as it's the issue that caused the survey. Given the question about which ones you own, we can filter out people who don't own one if we want. I can be convinced otherwise, though.

More
06 Nov 2015 03:32 #39640 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Deviation User Survey
Just added my 2 cents to the survey!

More
06 Nov 2015 10:33 - 06 Nov 2015 11:13 #39644 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Deviation User Survey

mwm wrote: I

EIDT: Once you finish the survey, you get a link to the summary of the responses. For convenience, it's docs.google.com/forms/d/10yCwkXLnQUufACc...hU5J9c/viewanalytics

If I take a look on the survey entries (68 at the moment) and then call the analytics ( 57 reponses.), there are at least the first 8... 9 user entries missing.....
Mike, you better had not added fields after posting the link the first time.

Edit:
Tried to fill the (my...) missing entries but the analytics does not take this into account.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 06 Nov 2015 11:13 by aMax.

More
06 Nov 2015 17:34 #39661 by mwm

aMax wrote: If I take a look on the survey entries (68 at the moment) and then call the analytics ( 57 reponses.), there are at least the first 8... 9 user entries missing.....
Mike, you better had not added fields after posting the link the first time.

No, I haven't. Well, after a short test that wasn't widely announced, I cleaned things up and added the language question, then deleted all the responses.. They both showed zero after that.

And the discrepancy is getting worse. It's now 60 in the summary and 71 in the sheet.

More
08 Nov 2015 21:54 - 08 Nov 2015 21:56 #39757 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Deviation User Survey
I found this suggestion looking threw the answers.

annon. wrote: I don't know if it is already possible. I'm flying arducopter on one of my drones. It would be really nice if when in Loiter mode i could flick a switch and then my right stick (Roll/Pitch) became Pan/Tilt on the camera

This is an awesome idea and a perfect candidate for a .lua. I don't think this is possible, even in the advanced mixer now is it? In my opinion I'd rather see it on left stick (THR/RUD) but I imagine once the functionality is there that wouldn't be an issue to change.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 08 Nov 2015 21:56 by Cereal_Killer.

More
08 Nov 2015 23:57 #39759 by mwm
I'm not sure how this is set up, but if you have channels dedicated to the pan/tilt, then it's possible without some form of scripting (BTW, almost certainly not Lua, as I don't believe it can be compiled to ARM binary, and if that's not possible then micropython is the leading candidate if I ever get back to this).

I'm planning on going through all the answers from the "what do you want to see" sections, as well as some of the suggestions sections, and providing answers for them or otherwise dealing with them in some way. This is my way of saying "thank you" to the people who took the time to provide that information. I'll detail how you do this there. But as a hint, consider the recent "two switches" thread and the panic mode for the 200QX from my tutorial.

More
09 Nov 2015 13:51 #39771 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Deviation User Survey
Awesome Mike, really looking forward to it! yes I think most of us are controlling the camera via channels (one axis per channel) so really excited to learn how that's done!

I do want to mention something I thought of (different subject)... It regards to the question "how important is having a release". To me, I'm totally fine running the nightlies however as I'm mentioned before I've been building 7E's for some of my friends and flying buddies and I would feel a little better if there was some type of stable release for them, either a true full release or atleast not the current nightly auto build system. Again, cause I dont want to step on any toes, I trust them on mine but I would feel better about the ones I've built for other people if there was an UTD real release.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
11 Nov 2015 14:35 #39937 by mwm
This is your last day to take the survey at docs.google.com/forms/d/10yCwkXLnQUufACc...uQ9q5hU5J9c/viewform

It will have been up for a week by this time tomorrow, so I'll be disabling responses and posting an initial analysis and feedback to users then.

More
12 Nov 2015 16:37 #39987 by mwm
Survey is closed. Preliminary analysis and discussion at deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-questio...inary-survey-results

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds