CopterX 450Pro fbl. Which receiver(small words)

More
19 Nov 2015 17:31 #40220 by stuntsturkal
Hello friends, I'm embarrassed to ask but can someone suggest a receiver compatible with a DevoDeviat 8S to install in a CopterX 450Pro fbl arf.

Also some basic info about receivers. For instance the voltage range is usually in a range from 5v to 7.4v the Heli is powered by a 3s 11.1v battery. How is the power regulated?

How are LemonX receivers', they are really inexpensive. Aside from the "Buy Cheap, Buy twice" meme what is the advantage of a $100.00+ rx over the 12 for a dollar variety? :silly:

A thought: The CopterX rtf packages usually includes a devo 7 with presumably a devo 7 rx. I have a D8S. so presumably a arf is better EXCEPT no rx is included bringing me around to my original query. "Can someone sugg..."

I'm really trying to find this info on this site and others but the conversations quickly turn to acronyms and technical jargon. I'm not adverse to learning but I believe this question has a simple answer.

"I asked what time it was and he told me how build a watch"
Anonymous

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2015 20:34 #40225 by mdmbc
The LemonRX receivers work well for me.

More
19 Nov 2015 21:57 #40228 by stuntsturkal
Replied by stuntsturkal on topic CopterX 450Pro fbl. Which receiver(small words)

mdmbc wrote: The LemonRX receivers work well for me
/quote]

Ahh, succinct and to the point, thank you :) Cheaper by the dozen too.

[/size]

Attachments:

More
19 Nov 2015 22:31 #40229 by Arnold

stuntsturkal wrote: Hello friends, I'm embarrassed to ask but can someone suggest a receiver compatible with a DevoDeviat 8S to install in a CopterX 450Pro fbl arf.

Devo RX1002 - Mine always work perfectly with my Deviated D-10 & D-6S.
I bet you'll get all kinds of answers.
i.e.. Tumigy 9X8Cv2 - I have a bunch of these & they always bind and perform fine with my 9X ,,,,
I have my eye on 2- DSM2 receivers on eBay for $10, but your deal - 12 for a buck - sounds a lot better :)
Sorry ... no help, I'm sure.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?

More
19 Nov 2015 23:14 #40230 by hexfet

stuntsturkal wrote:
Also some basic info about receivers. For instance the voltage range is usually in a range from 5v to 7.4v the Heli is powered by a 3s 11.1v battery. How is the power regulated?

The ESC has a voltage regulator (commonly called battery eliminator circuit - BEC) that puts about 5V on the center servo wire. The center pin of all the servo connectors are connected at the receiver, so from there the power goes to the receiver and FBL controller. Same with the center pins on the FBL controller, so from there the voltage gets to the servos.

Or something like that...my copter doesn't have a separate FBL controller :)

More
20 Nov 2015 08:45 #40237 by mwm
First choice for an Rx would be a FrSky D6 or D8, depending on how many channels you want. Those have RSSI telemetry built in, and a cheap resister ladder to get flight pack voltage. And working Rx voltage, but it won't matter for your use. Downside is you'll need a CC2500 module in your transmitter.

If you don't want to add a module, I'd get the orange Rx 620x or 820x or larger, again depending. Built in flight log data and a cheap/small flight battery voltage sensor. It reports Rx battery voltage, but it doesn't actually have a sensor. Haven't tried these, but I was happy with the older ones until I switched to FrSky to get telemetry.

Either is more expensive than the lemonrx receivers, but less than their telemetry packages. Having gotten used to telemetry, I won't fly without it if there's a choice.

If the FBL is anything like a quads flight controller, there are a number of other things to consider, and a possible nasty surprise in the power setup, but you wanted short and simple. I manger to keep it simple, anyway...

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
20 Nov 2015 20:42 - 20 Nov 2015 20:43 #40250 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic CopterX 450Pro fbl. Which receiver(small words)
What FBL is it?

www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...evo-8s-and-ppm#38626

One more: www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...thout-modding-cc2500

IMHO there are some heli / fbl / ppm threads running...

It might also depend how you want to connect the RX to the FBL...
Last edit: 20 Nov 2015 20:43 by Thomas.Heiss.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds