Suggestion - new Mixer type - Switch

More
29 Dec 2015 08:57 #41241 by RoGuE_StreaK
Suggestion - new Mixer type - Switch was created by RoGuE_StreaK
One of the main questions that always pops up is how to set up a simple switch with values, eg. flight modes. What I'm suggesting is not a new mixer type as such, more a simplified interface to either the expo/dr or complex mixer, that's pretending to be a different mixer.
I haven't thought it fully through, just throwing it up to see if anything sticks. Something like three slots side-by-side (either physically like expo/dr or virtually like complex), with drastically reduced options; select the switch for the first "mode", and the fixed value assigned to that switch. Blank defaults so unpopulated switches are ignored.
Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2015 00:36 #41269 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Suggestion - new Mixer type - Switch
This doesn't appear to be all that much different from the Expo & D/R mixer. The only difference is that instead of selecting the switch for the first mode, you have to select the "Fixed" curve type for the first curve. It will still have buttons to unlink the curve types, but you can ignore those.

Would just explaining such setup with this instead of the Complex mixer type solve the problem? FWIW, all the mixer types (except possibly the heli cyclic handling) are just a simplified interface on top of a complex mix. The actual mixers saved in the model.ini are the same, which is why you can switch back and forth between the various mix types without losing your settings.

One of the things that a lot of us once is a more generalized version of switches, ala the OpenTx "Flight Modes". Basically, a virtual switch with more than 3 states. A special mix type for that might be a good way to do this. Set the values, give them names, and then provide a way to use flight modes as switches elsewhere. Hmm.....

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds