Layout problem between original 4.0.1 and nighties

More
18 Feb 2016 20:45 - 18 Feb 2016 21:20 #43258 by Rollmops67
Hello.
I have a 2 years old Devo 10 with the original version of Deviation 4.0.1
I bought a spare Devo 10 where I installed the last nighty 4.0.1-677678f
I transfered my model.ini files from the old to the new Devo 10, and now I have problems with the layout (wich is in the model.ini files, so logically the same on both transmitter) on the transmitter with the nighty.
In fact the boxes I'm using are overlapping with the nighty, albeit the x and y position on the screen are the same and the fonts are the same (verified it in config.ini)
It seems to me that height of the boxes has incresed by 1 pixel in the nighty. :blink:
Is this a known bug, and is there a workarround (other than move the boxes) ?
Here some photos to show the problem :

The 2 first photos are with the original 4.0.1 firmware

These two photos are with the 4.0.1 nighty :

Roland
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Feb 2016 21:20 by Rollmops67. Reason: typo !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2016 02:03 #43274 by mwm
I believe this is not a known bug, but an intentional change for better readability. Unfortunately, the author (Indigo1) hasn't been around in a while, so it's hard to say for sure.

Can you adjust the layout so it works properly? I know I had to tweak mine when that change hit.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
19 Feb 2016 06:36 - 19 Feb 2016 08:10 #43281 by Rollmops67

mwm wrote: I believe this is not a known bug, but an intentional change for better readability. Unfortunately, the author (Indigo1) hasn't been around in a while, so it's hard to say for sure.

Can you adjust the layout so it works properly? I know I had to tweak mine when that change hit.

Yes I can of course change the layout by adding 1 more pixel between the boxes (box3 1 pixel higher, box 2 2 pixels higher, box 1 3 pixels higher) and by moving the toggles up toward the model name.
It's not a big issue for sure, but it's too bad that the actual layout "wastes" some pixels, and to have to modify existing layouts that were OK.

Roland
Last edit: 19 Feb 2016 08:10 by Rollmops67.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds