Installation documentation update help needed

More
22 Feb 2016 01:44 #43441 by mwm
I've just pushed an update to the installation chapter, and hopefully it'll show up on the web after the next nightly build.

There are parts missing, because I don't have the appropriate tools/time to do them. In particular:

Instructions for installing deviation on the F7 or F12E are needed. I don't have one, but believe that they have to use the deviation uploader because of file system issues.

Documenting installation using the Deviation Uploader is needed. My bionic knee is hurting to much for me to tackle this now.

Ditto for installing drivers on Windows..

Best would be editing the RST sources and creating a pull request directly. However, posting suggested text here also works. Simply providing image captures of the tools TBD would be a great help.

Thanks to Deal57 for the sections on nightly and test builds.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2016 04:30 #43492 by mwm
Ok, the online manuals now have this update. I could REALLY use some help from people who are using deviation with the F7, the F12E or the deviation installer. If you're doing that and have wanted to give back to the community, this would be a good way to do it.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
23 Feb 2016 22:43 - 24 Feb 2016 08:41 #43526 by YARIMbe
Replied by YARIMbe on topic F7 & F12E Installation documentation update
I have a devo f7 I want to try deviationtx on it, I can write a guide after i'll try it myself...
after using the Deviation Uploader to install the new nightly on my devo F7 I get "Deviation USB" screen...
windows than asks me to format the disk, only when I do it the remote turns on but with no proper display,,, I only see one line of the menu..
Last edit: 24 Feb 2016 08:41 by YARIMbe.

More
27 Feb 2016 02:55 #43742 by darthnugget
Replied by darthnugget on topic F7 & F12E Installation documentation update
I am using the F12E and I get the same problem. I found a single post from a couple months back saying we needed to use a different USB uploader to get it uploaded. Otherwise the only flash available shows 64KB and is only 36KB after formatting. Although, the documentation says there is a 256KB flash on there in addition to the 64KB flash.

More
27 Feb 2016 03:44 #43745 by darthnugget
Replied by darthnugget on topic F7 & F12E Installation documentation update
www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/5471-ho...with-deviation#43744

I made a how-to after spending a few minutes figuring out the other cryptic posts.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds