Best Overall 6ch 3D CP Helicopter

More
15 Mar 2016 14:09 #44600 by Bobs123
Best Overall 6ch 3D CP Helicopter was created by Bobs123
Looking for the best overall 3D 6ch Micro CP Helicopter (under 300mm) for both intermediate and advanced user.

(Live in United Kingdom) (Don't mind purchasing Helicopter/Spare Parts internationally, would prefer to purchase from Europe/UK area though)

Decision will be based upon Overall...
-Performance, Stability and 3D Performance, 3-Axis, Range/Distance, Quality, Price, Spare Parts availability & cost, Upgrades, Flying Time/Batteries, Transmitter, warranty etc.
-I am preferably looking for a Brushless Helicopter.

-Some Helis I am looking at:

-WLtoys V977 Power Star X1
www.banggood.com/WLtoys-V977-...-p-914247.html

-Nine Eagles Solo Pro 126 RTF
www.heliguy.com/solo-pro-126....FYu6GwodZJsNSg

-XK K120 Shuttle 6CH Brushless 3D6G System RC Helicopter RTF

-Wasp Auto CP RTF 7Ch RC Helicopter With One Key Auto Inversion
www.nitrotek.co.uk/rc-helicop...inversion.html

-Nano CPX 6CH Flybarless RTF RC Helicopter 2.4GHz - Brushless Version
www.nitrotek.co.uk/rc-helicop...s-version.html

-Hisky HCP100S 6CH 2.4Ghz Dual Brushless
www.banggood.com/Hisky-HCP100...-p-963645.html

Also looking at some WALKERA'S
-WALKERA Super CP
-WALKERA Genius CP
-WALKERA Mini CP 6CH

I was looking at the WLtoys V977 and Nine Eagles Solo Pro 126 RTF for example but don't know which one is 'Overall' better....

Are there any that can defiantly be ruled out/removed?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2016 15:49 #44605 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Best Overall 6ch 3D CP Helicopter
WLToys is a toy company at heart. The general line on them is that they make a nice framework to build a helicopter on, but they aren't very good out of the box. I'd only buy one if you wanted a project.

Walkera seems to have abandoned the helicopter market for the "drone" market. This means you might get some good deals on older models, but parts are going to get increasingly hard to find. While I love my Mini CP, I'm not sure I'd buy one now.

I've got the Solo Pro night version, and have reviewed it. The problem there is that there are at least three variants, only one of which is known to work well with deviation - and that's the one that you're going to have trouble finding. The original RTF version uses the Solo Pro protocol, and that's what I have. There are two "transmitter ready" versions. Nine eagles also sold a one that I don't think ever worked with deviation. They got bought by HeliMax (or the HM parent company) and have transitioned to SLT on their newer aircraft. SLT is implemented in deviation, but isn't very well tested, and is known not to work well on some SLT aircraft. The HM version (the Axe 100 CP) shares parts with the 126, but I tend to buy NE electronics instead. Again, parts may well be an issue.

A lot of your links aren't working for me, but if the Blade is the Blade Nano CP X, that's my most likely choice if I wanted a micro 3d heli. I'm a big fan of blade, and have seldom been disappointed by their 'copters, and they tend to have easy parts availability in the US. But check the online reviews first - they do sometimes lay an egg. It's a bit old, though - Blade is now peddling the Nano CP S, which seems to be identical except with their S firmware. Which I think just made my wish list.

And of course, when you say "best 3d heli", my mind goes to Align's Trex helicopters. That would be the 150X. Pricey, but everyone tells me they are well worth it. The Trex line is heavily cloned, so parts tend to be available even after Align quits making them.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
15 Mar 2016 20:13 #44617 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Best Overall 6ch 3D CP Helicopter
Don't forget the XK110 :-)

According to HeliFreak members / threads the XK series have a better transmitter (e.g changing throttle / pitch curves) as the WlToys (977) series.

"Performance" means IMHO pitch tail. Simple.
Well, that does not mean you can not do funnels on a NanoCPX. But the plastic chassis and canopy pins is not the greatest somehow...

Walkera V120D02s (1s, tuning for 2s like Spin)
Blade 180CFX (3s)

Thomas

More
15 Mar 2016 20:30 #44618 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Best Overall 6ch 3D CP Helicopter
The old Skyartec Wasp X3V sounded like a pretty sweet machine, but seems it might be hard to find now. Supported by Deviation. Don't know if there's a newer replacement for it in the same size.
(was researcing it recently when a killer deal on a used on came up, unfortunately someone else beat me to it)

More
16 Mar 2016 03:01 #44629 by joevxx
Replied by joevxx on topic Best Overall 6ch 3D CP Helicopter
I am digging the blade 180 cfx. It's incredibly agile but pretty precise for a smaller Heli since the torque tube tail.

More
16 Mar 2016 08:22 #44636 by kubus
Replied by kubus on topic Best Overall 6ch 3D CP Helicopter
I would also tend to one of the blade models.
But besides the CPX you should also have a look at the CPS. The gyro/stability system is awesome and the helicopter grows up with you and your skills.
It’s flyable from ultra-stable mode up to fast 3D performance. There’s a good availability of spare and tuning parts in Europe although the helicopter is quite durable.
Another pro is the availability of batteries. Nearly every manufacturer offers a CPS-suiting replacement battery, so you don’t have to buy the expensive e-flite batteries.

I don’t know if it is really the best heli, but at least it is outstanding.

More
16 Mar 2016 17:39 #44655 by mwm
Blade sort of epitomizes what a hobby company should be, as opposed to a toy company. They go to great pains to make sure you succeed, and keep on buying their stuff. They design models to be repaired, and always have parts available. IIUC, they (or their parent company Horizon) invented the concept of BNF so you would keep on buying their aircraft once you got a good transmitter.

Compare that to WLToys, who typically only offers RTF models - no parts, even - until the model is a success. And changes their protocols sort of at random. They even make minor tweaks between models such that one model's transmitter will fly a different model, but with "special features" that could damage it.

I don't know how well the Nano CP S would be for an intermediate/advanced flight, but the CP X was really popular as such, and the S software - and it's precursors - has worked really well for me. So it looks like a nice addition to the micro heli fleet for me.

More
16 Mar 2016 18:51 #44659 by Thomas.Heiss
This is Bob's active thread on Helifreak: www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=737131

More
16 Mar 2016 21:40 #44672 by suzali
Replied by suzali on topic Best Overall 6ch 3D CP Helicopter
I had Solo Pro 125 and new V120 D02s and finally:
HCP100s, which is in my opinion the best of all. Full BL, works perfect with Deviation.
V120 D02s worked fine, but I always had trouble with the direct drive tail-rotor.
Solo Pro 125 was extremly chrash resistant, but mine did not have full BL.

More
16 Mar 2016 23:53 #44684 by Bobs123
Replied by Bobs123 on topic Best Overall 6ch 3D CP Helicopter
Hi
Thanks for messages

I don't have a Tx

There are going to be several users. (I have experience with mainly 4ch FP Helis. Flown WLtoys V912, WLtoys V911... and practiced with 6ch 3D CP on Simulators) however the other user (who is most probably going to be the main user) has experience with both smaller 4ch and larger 6ch (3D) Helicopters (Trex 700/ 800 size) mainly Nitro hence the reason why I said intermediate/advanced in First Post. So looking for a CP that can progress with (one reason why I like 3-axis & 6-axis gyro modes) but also has great 3D/Performance. Quality, Spare Parts/Upgrade availability are important as well/taking into consideration.

I don't have a massive budget up to £113 ($160) and I'm not sure if I am going to progress (purchase another CP) hence the reason why I was looking at RTF/Transmitters.

If you think its actually better to look into a Tx now and just progress with the CPs, I may consider this/the budget.

In your opinion what do you think is the best (based on what I said/budget) CP RTF
or the best Tx and CP.

(Preferably if I do progress personally (in the hobby) I will just purchase a new Tx and larger CP (over 300mm+) and have a larger budget)

So for now I'm looking 'mainly' at an RTF. Looked more into:
-XK K110,
-K120,
-V977 (Some say its worth to spend money and upgrade parts, some say not to upgrade micro Helis and just save money for a larger Heli)
-BLADE Nano

-Apart from Transmitter and electronics. Is there any difference between the XK K110/20 and the v977? Both are Brushless, Plenty of Parts, 6G Modes.... (Seems to be the XK K110 or 20 so far)

-Apart from size is there a difference between the K110 and K120 in terms of Performance, 3D, reliability, Quality.

-I was also looking at the Blade Nano CP S OR X? Whats the main difference? Can you get an RTF with a good Tx with these?

(The HCP100S dual brushless seems to have a lot of power but not very stable apparently or great for first CP)

(Are spare parts easily available for the 126 RTF. How is the 3D Performance?)

Thanks

More
17 Mar 2016 00:08 #44686 by Thomas.Heiss
No, not any good RTF for the Blade Nanos.
But you could use Devo10 with DeviationTX, big plus.

Ncpx: Small CP, older version. No SAFE.

NCPS: New CP version which includes stability mode and rescue; some guys seem to have issues with trim flights, not leveled swashplate on startup.
Not sure why one needs on a 30g Micro CP SAFE/rescue.

You get the better RTF with XK.
With Blade for most models like the Nanos you could buy a DX7, DX8G2, DX6G3 as alternative for Devo10. Well I would not :-)
Not your budget.

Outdoor it a little bit bigger better as well as brushless.

Nanocpx/cps is only 30g so safes new pilots some crash costs over field (green).

Blade replacement costs are big!

Devo10 + Blade Nano probably is not in your budget too.

So try XK.

As a CP heli newbie you need a SIM like RealFlight anyways...no matter how small those CPs are...
The smaller the more agil thry are!

Thomas

More
17 Mar 2016 14:51 #44714 by mwm
If you look around, you might be able to find a walkera micro CP with a bundled Devo transmitter and save about half the cost of the transmitter. That's a great deal on the transmitter, but probably not the best heli for the price.

More
18 Mar 2016 15:55 #44788 by Bobs123
Replied by Bobs123 on topic Best Overall 6ch 3D CP Helicopter
Question/Opinion

Do you know/can you tell the difference between the XK K110/ K120(k120 obviously more power, size, as everyone said) and a Nine Eagles Solo Pro 126 RTF (brushless) in terms of Performance, 3D, Tx (J6 Radio), Quality... (they seem similar)

Only reason why I am saying this is because I can get the Nine Eagles Solo Pro 126 RTF for £54.60 from HeliGuy in the UK (can also purchase spares from there) compare to £88.99 of Amazon UK for K110.

www.heliguy.com/solo-pro-126....FQaNGwodS6AOnQ

(Haven't seen many videos of the 126 though, especially 3D)

Thanks

More
18 Mar 2016 21:25 #44802 by Bobs123

More
19 Mar 2016 13:19 - 19 Mar 2016 13:19 #44829 by Thomas.Heiss
My answer on HF:
www.helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=6907792&postcount=32

Bobs123 wrote: -Apart from Transmitter and electronics. Is there any difference between the XK K110/20 and the v977? Both are Brushless, Plenty of Parts, 6G Modes.... (Seems to be the XK K110 or 20 so far)

The HCP100S dual brushless CP seems to have a lot of power but not very stable apparently or great for first CP.

Blade MCPX V1/V2 (1s, Brushed Main) was a nice beginner CP heli (non 6G mode).
Blade NanoCPX (1s, Brushed Main) was also a nice beginner CP heli (non 6G/stability mode).

Brushless outdoor main motor is a good thing especially with those Blade Nano Brushed main motors which do not very often last up to ~90 flights (some motors where even damaged after ~7-20 flights; even had 5-6 50% throttle burn ins).

Take the advice from others and stop looking around for a heli which fits both of you.
Get one CP heli which is tame for YOURSELF so you can practice learning.
1s is probably a good thing for you - as was for any CP learner on Blade MCPX V1/V2/NanoCPX.

Your mate will want to go for a CP heli with at least 2s-3s (4-6s seems to be the new lipo cells for newer 3D helis anyways) for better performance.
130-200g (micro) is a size which already gets better flying characteristics....or high-end like OXY 3 as said before.

You both will want very different FBL settings on a CP heli (e.g 12-14 degree pitch vs 10, 8-10 degree cyclic vs 6), aggressive FBL settings vs tame...
So please stop trying to share the heli between both of you :-)
You do not only change the transmitter settings but FBL settings (inside heli) too, if it supports it (not all do).

Blade MCPX BL (2s, 60g) was a different caliber than a MCPX V1/V2 what I heared (did not fly it).

2s++ helis have higher head speeds - better performance in outdoor wind but does not crash that easily as a 30-45g CP beginner heli.

Stick feeling of size:
I had been test flying the Blade 130X (>130g, 2s, BL) from my mate 5 times (no, I do NOT recommend it; a CP beginner should also NOT be looking for a torque tube TT tail heli!)
Flying felt quite different (better) than my little Blade NanoCPX (30g).
A bit more like a bigger (450) heli...
If you can already fly CP you want to go for the bigger helis which fly better.

Try to focus on 30-45g CP (1s) helis as a beginner first, best with brushless main motor.
I would not care for brushless vs brushed tail motor. On NanoCPX tail motor did not fail.

Bobs123 wrote: Question:

OK, anyone know the difference between the XK110 (V977)/(XK120, obviously more power/size) and a Nine Eagles Solo Pro 126 (brushless) RTF in terms of Performance, 3D, Tx (J6 radio), Quality...

The Solo Pro 126 RTF transmitter seems to at least have a display :-)
The RTF is the NE J6Pro??
You will want to find out if you can actually change throttle/pitch curves on the J6.
Check some YT videos for setting up a CP heli...

But there must be a reason some guys on HeliFreak in Blade forums tell about better XK transmitter and possible throttle/pitch curve adjustments over WLToys V977 TX?? Well, V977 isn't NE J6...

If SP126 is the NE J6Pro protocol you could fly it with Walkera Devo 10 and DeviationTX too.

Even the newer XK helis (S-FHSS) will be now supported by DeviationTX Futaba S-FHSS protocol test build.

If you can find a heli like XK K110 with an additional 6G mode like Blade NanoCPS stability go for it.
You may be able to use it as rescue as an throttle hold (TH) alternative.

Personally I would just use TH before crashes over green field and only fly a micro heli in true CP / agility mode to practice what you learned on SIM.

Thomas
Last edit: 19 Mar 2016 13:19 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
19 Mar 2016 14:11 - 19 Mar 2016 14:11 #44832 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Best Overall 6ch 3D CP Helicopter
I really like my MCPxBL. Just learning basic 3D. My first CP was a V922 which was great for learning but not much beyond. The BL is pretty durable.

As much as I like the BL don't think i'll get another heli with a tail motor. Agree with Thomas on the pitch tail.

Never flown a heli with stability mode. Do they attempt to recover from inverted if you flip to 6G mode?
Last edit: 19 Mar 2016 14:11 by hexfet.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds