Devo 7e , 8s Internal Modul Question

More
04 Apr 2016 16:42 - 04 Apr 2016 18:30 #45785 by Alexandro
Devo 7e , 8s Internal Modul Question was created by Alexandro
Hello,
i try to connect a Vspeak to my 7e or 8s.

To connect the Vspeak i need GND, 3.3V,IRQ,MOSI and TX/RX switch pin

GND,VCC,MOSI is clear, i found it
IRQ must be the CLK ?
TX/RX switch pin ? <- i do not know where it is

greetings Alex
Last edit: 04 Apr 2016 18:30 by Alexandro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2016 02:33 #45811 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Devo 7e , 8s Internal Modul Question
PA9 and PA10 are RX and TX on the trainer port. However, the DSC port is set up to short PA9 to ground.

Not really sure you can use CLK for IRQ.

The Vspeak looks like a remarkable product. I anxiously await your report.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
05 Apr 2016 05:20 #45812 by Alexandro
Replied by Alexandro on topic Devo 7e , 8s Internal Modul Question
TNX for Answer but
the tx/rx Pin im looking for is one from the TX module pins, if one exists there.

more like the TXEN or RXEN pin
may be TXPA or RXPA pin can used to ?

the Original connecting of the Vspeak on Spektrum, is direct connected to the Spektrum TX Module Pins like same way who we connect the TX Modules for the Mod on the TX (cc2500,7105 ..... )

More
05 Apr 2016 21:44 #45871 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 7e , 8s Internal Modul Question
The rf modules used by deviation don't have Tx/Rx pins, but instead use SPI. I'm a bit surprised it needs both Tx & Rx lines, as they claim it doesn't send data to the transmitter.

Based on it only working with the latest generation of Spektrum radios, I suspect it's using a proprietary - and new - serial protocol, not the PPM used in the modules I hacked on during my OpenTx days. If that's the case, then getting this to work will require extra code in deviation to create the serial data it expects.

We're already working on hooking up different audio modules via the rx/tx lines Deal57 mentioned. If we can get sufficient documentation from them - and maybe test module - I'd certainly be interested in adding support for it as well.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
06 Apr 2016 05:46 #45894 by Alexandro
Replied by Alexandro on topic Devo 7e , 8s Internal Modul Question
Hello mwm,

yes i think you are right . i think the Spektrum TX Module does internal editing to deliver the Data for External and Internal Telemety evaluation.

Im reading the Info for the Audio Device implementation with the MP3 Player Part over the PPM line and hope it goes some time to Live Telemetry Testing.

-> Support:

I think (with my very small knowledge) the Frsky Support is not to hard, all of my Telemetry External Device use the Original Data out from the DJT Module from Frsky.
I was speaking with the Seller of the Vspeak and he told me he use only a converter (TTL to Serial ? ) from normal Telemetry out to his little Vspeak. There is a Cpu inside who convert the Data Stream to spoken mp3 files.
these Files are added to sentence like -> altitude+one+hundred+seventy+three+meters to speak all the data.

If some one is interested in looking on it i can borrow one of my Frsky Vspeak for Testing and reverse engineering .

If a fld-2 is working then the Vspeak is working to, it uses the same Data. You can use a Y lead to connect booth to the Frsky DJI Module.The only bad part is the Programming of the RSSI and V1/V2 warning on Frsky , it reads it from the FLD-2 at time of Programming it into the DJT Module with the FDL-2.

all in all i like the idea to have a spoken Telemetry without to put a complete Frsky module into my TX wich is Big and uses only PPM. And the PPM to MP3 is a nice way to keep the costs down ( 2/10 of the Vspeak Price)

greetings Alex

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds