lost program devo 7e

More
26 Apr 2016 21:03 #47261 by shen13
Replied by shen13 on topic lost program devo 7e
Could it be possibly that the TX has corrupted files?The process seems to be simple but in doing it it doesnt work
I can load the 4.0 old file to it and it will bind no problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2016 21:07 #47262 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic lost program devo 7e
Your previous message, #47265, didn't seem complete. Did that process not work? If the hardware is working in 4.0.1 then it should work in the nightlies.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
26 Apr 2016 21:32 #47264 by shen13
I cant put my finger on what going wrong...
like i said i can load the old file 4.0 and it
will show DEVO no asterisk and will bind..but
when i load new nightly it will not do crap,I have tried with nrf module in and out
whats the best way to start from scratch?
I am changing the hardware ini files to what they should be///
i have tied all ways,,if iload the newest nighty and leave as is(no module) or ini touched
i still get the missing protocol cryf6936

More
26 Apr 2016 21:36 #47265 by shen13
Hell again,ok I will give another go at this..thanks for all that have helped and helping
I have started all over again,,(this is with NRF module (NOT) installedand also ohms meter used and tested all wires at pads
1.I opened walkera dfuse usb upgrade
2. I put file (becf9bd dfu file to radio)
3 safely removed)then exit
4 powered up with power and ENT pushed,
5 opened folder

the post above is where i left it..thinking someone would chime in and show me from there what process goes next?
maybe im not doing it correctly?

More
26 Apr 2016 21:38 #47266 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic lost program devo 7e
You can not load the nightly and leave "as is (no module) ... touched". The firmware consists of 2 parts - DFU which you upload with DFuSe, and filesystem including protocols, which you upload after DFU into USB drive. They should be from the same zip file, you can't mix and match - it will not work properly.

After that you can edit hardware.ini file to enable already connected modules.

More
26 Apr 2016 21:51 #47268 by shen13
ok heres step by step im doing
i download newest nightly.............unzip...then open and run the dfu from that file in the defuse program
then safely remove....turn off tx then power and ent to boot usb ,open folder to view files
(the ones in radio) then i format...leaves no files...then i open the newest nightly file and copy and paste
al the file except dfu and debug and the update file...Once done copying i turn off.. then back on with power and ent
for usb to boot....remove semicolons at proper spots...and A14 to 13.
then off the back on normal...i get missing protocol.cyf6936..
this is with nrf module installed........
have checked with ohms meter and all seems fine there?

More
26 Apr 2016 21:55 - 26 Apr 2016 21:56 #47269 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic lost program devo 7e
See paragraph 2.4 in the user manual for devo 7E/10

2.4. Updating the file system via USB
On the Devo F7 and F12E, do not enable USB mode, as the file system cannot be accessed from the desktop, and you need to use the ‘File Manager’ tab on the ‘Deviation Uploader’ to manage files. If you enable it, all you can do is format the drive, which will destroy your installation.

Now open the folder of the zip and copy all the files and directories inside this folder to the root of the transmitter USB drive. For details of the file-system please see 2.9 USB & File-system. The files with the extension zip, and dfu need not to be copied.

_images/dont_copy_files.png
If you are upgrading from an older release, don’t update the ‘tx.ini’, and ‘hardware.ini’ files or the ‘models’ directory. Optionally, copy the ‘models’ directory to the transmitter except for the currently configured model files. This last step will ensure that the defaults for newly created models have the latest options set. If the ‘tx.ini’ file is overwritten, the stick calibration must be repeated and any settings reset.
Last edit: 26 Apr 2016 21:56 by TomPeer.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds