Hisky and JJRC protocol support

More
29 Apr 2016 11:27 #47415 by vmsda
Hisky and JJRC protocol support was created by vmsda
Does NRF24L01 support both protocols under 4.0.1 or does one need to upgrade to a nightly build?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2016 15:55 #47427 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Hisky and JJRC protocol support
4.0.1 is hopelessly old. You should NOT install it for many reasons beyond protocol support. Install nightly build, it has less bugs and more stable in general. Pay attention that tx.ini format changed - the section describing installed modules and switches is separated into its own file - hardware.ini.

More
29 Apr 2016 16:14 #47429 by vmsda
Replied by vmsda on topic Hisky and JJRC protocol support
Thank you for the advice, much as I dread it, since there is no installation manual for Linux dummies. Have used 4.0.1 up to now flying the dsmx stuff; since I am ditching it, I really need the NRF24L01. Now that there is a 3in1 rf module, there is no reason why we cannot buy DeviationTX preloaded radios with the module installed. Sorry for letting off steam. Thanks again.

More
29 Apr 2016 16:40 #47432 by victzh
There is a reason - Deviation is not a commercial enterprise and nobody working on it can offer formal support. We do our best as it is written in the software license, but can't guarantee things working smoothly.

Linux should be no problem - install Java from Oracle site then use Deviation Uploader (latest version 0.8.0) from www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/161-dfu-usb-tool . There is no manual chapter on installation with this tool with nice screenshots yet, but I see that the this is planned and being worked on.

As many things in this hobby it requires tinkering and deeper understanding than for many other areas. It makes it more attractive for me personally, don't know about you!

More
30 Apr 2016 08:36 #47476 by vmsda

victzh wrote: There is a reason - Deviation is not a commercial enterprise and nobody working on it can offer formal support. We do our best as it is written in the software license, but can't guarantee things working smoothly...

I was not railing against you and sorry if I gave that impression. I appreciate full well the quality and commitment that you display and regret that you will not let us contribute financially to crowd source equipment you need to keep abreast of developments, and to help alleviate the tedious tasks that prevent you from indulging in your higher calling, namely technical steps forward.
I was thinking of BG, who announced the CC2500, NRF24L01 and A7105 3in1 module, and who actually say that is due to the excellent work you people are doing on the DeviationTX side of things! And yet they have done nothing marketing-wise to popularize the software and its attendant modules, forcing us users to spend on side issues the precious time we need to practice flying ....
Anyway, I now have to run to that nightly installation stuff ...
Have a good week-end.

More
01 May 2016 13:11 #47540 by vmsda
Unfortunately the 0.8.0 Uploader did not work for me in Ubuntu 14.04, did not see the usb-attached 7e. So I grabbed a friend's Windows and installed the Nightly Build in five minutes.

More
04 May 2016 15:55 #47746 by victzh
I did not try Uploader on Ubuntu (I only have Windows and Mac).

I would like to clarify the situation with the module and Banggood - they got the module from an independent businessman, as far as I can tell one-man operation in China. We did not know about this guy until he appeared with these modules first on TaoBao, then on Banggood. He used two projects - Deviation and Multiprotocol TX (on RCGroups) to create these modules. It's OK - the license does not prohibit it and he credited the projects.

Banggood is a large market site, they don't produce anything themselves as far as I understand. If someone organizes such modifications and can produce them in reasonable quantity at reasonable price in China Banggood gladly will sell the product. So far nobody showed the interest. I'd be happy if they sell such a TX.

Sometime ago there was a hint of a TX project made especially for Deviation, but unfortunately it did not go far.

More
04 May 2016 16:25 #47747 by vmsda

victzh wrote: I did not try Uploader on Ubuntu (I only have Windows and Mac).

I would like to clarify the situation with the module and Banggood - they got the module from an independent businessman, as far as I can tell one-man operation in China. We did not know about this guy until he appeared with these modules first on TaoBao, then on Banggood. He used two projects - Deviation and Multiprotocol TX (on RCGroups) to create these modules. It's OK - the license does not prohibit it and he credited the projects.

Banggood is a large market site, they don't produce anything themselves as far as I understand. If someone organizes such modifications and can produce them in reasonable quantity at reasonable price in China Banggood gladly will sell the product. So far nobody showed the interest. I'd be happy if they sell such a TX.

Sometime ago there was a hint of a TX project made especially for Deviation, but unfortunately it did not go far.

A classic chicken and egg situation. The Deviation philosophy is especially attractive for beginners; but since it is not marketed hardware-wise for beginners, few people venture into it (except non-beginners); since few people venture, the marketeers read that as a lack of interest.
Being unfamiliar with the politics of this market, what bugs me is this: does the rc radio market yield such humble profit margins that Walkera is not interested in selling as many Devos as possible in as many guises as technically feasible?! It is as if you guys are doing them a favour and they are turning their backs upon it ...

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds