How to setup and activate Timers in V:5 on 7e

More
15 May 2016 19:46 #48496 by 92zb
It was so simple and easy to setup timers in Ver: 4. But I am struglling to setup any timer in Version 5 using TX 7e. It is confusing to say the least. The PDF manual does not work and I have searched everwhere could not find any answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2016 20:24 - 15 May 2016 20:24 #48501 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic How to setup and activate Timers in V:5 on 7e
afaik there were no changes in the ui for the initial 5.0.0, what type of timer are you trying to set, and what is going wrong for you? also what version of 5.0.0 are you using?
Last edit: 15 May 2016 20:24 by HappyHarry.

More
15 May 2016 22:45 #48509 by schallundrauch
Replied by schallundrauch on topic How to setup and activate Timers in V:5 on 7e
I updated today to 5.0 nightly (2016-05-15) and wondered the same, I couldn't find the Timers menu any longer. My workaround at the moment is to set "Timers" as a Menu button in the Main page config, so it is accessible from the main page.

When using the Standard Mixer GUI, it is still easy accessible in the model menu.

More
15 May 2016 23:14 - 15 May 2016 23:16 #48512 by HappyHarry
pb is testing some gui changes in the nightlies just now, also there were/are other bugs that are forcing the standard gui and blocking access to the advanced gui. so unless your using the nightlies for testing purposes (which is a good thing to do!, test it out and if you find bugs post them on the bug tracker) I'd stick with the original 5.0.0 for now
Last edit: 15 May 2016 23:16 by HappyHarry.

More
16 May 2016 00:37 - 16 May 2016 00:40 #48514 by Multirotor Go
Replied by Multirotor Go on topic How to setup and activate Timers in V:5 on 7e
I am having problems with the same issue.
I asked about this in another thread and I was suggested to go and read the manual I read "9.3. Timers (Std & Adv GUI)" And honesty or my english sucks or I am an idiot but I read that thing many times and understood 0 of what it said there and I really don't see it explained there too.
I googled it and found instructions for devo 10 and others that don't apply since at some point I didn't find the menus mentioned.
For example I found this at helifreak that seems pretty straight forward, but I don't have the menu "STICK POSITION SWITCH" mentioned in step two, that thread is quite old and also I thought maybe since my devo has deviation that menu has another name, so I came here to ask.

I just want to program a timer for a specific model that will start a 0 count up to 5 minutes and then sound the alarm, but I want it to get activated at a low % throttle, say 5% or 10% and stop when the throttle is lower then that. thanks Oh I just installed the new deviation-devo7e-v5.0.0-7c72c8d that goebish had yesterday.

This is what I found at helifreak:
Don't waste your time with U/D buttons. Use the throttle channel to activate and stop the timer.

Here is the set up for the Throttle stick timer.

1. power on radio and enter the MODEL menu
2. go down to/enter the STICK POSITION SWITCH menu
3. under SWITCH select SPS 0, 1, 2, or 3 SW your choice, (I use SPS0 SW)
4. under CHANNEL select Throttle
5. under POSITION press L- till you reach L98%
6.under ON select HIGH
7.exit the MODEL menu
8. enter the FUNCTION menu
9 go down and enter TIMER
10.under TYPE select the one you use
11. under SWITCH select SPS 0, 1, 2, or 3 SW the same one you chose earlier ( SPS0 SW in my case)
12. exit to main screen power off the radio and you're done enjoy not having to remember to start or stop the timer
this will activate your timer and stop the timer at take off and landing. press Down to reset as normal or power off between packs your choice
Last edit: 16 May 2016 00:40 by Multirotor Go.

More
16 May 2016 00:53 - 16 May 2016 00:59 #48515 by Multirotor Go
I am reading that "9.3. Timers (Std & Adv GUI)" again and I don't understand what this things do: stopwhatch - permanent - count-down proportional. what is the difference between countdown and countdown proportional? what does switch do? what does reset sw do? what does control do? Why I can not access reset sw, or change it? when I press to go to it it takes me to timer2 and that is very confusing, then in timers2 this happen again and then again.

Also why is there like 4 timers? what you can do with 4 timers? I would love to know maybe there is something very useful that I could profit from.

When messing with all that trying to set up the the timer, I ended at one point, it seems, that some how I set up something similar to what I needed, no Idea how, but the problem was that the beeper was constantly beeping after that, so I undid, not sure how, whatever I did before trying to stop the continues beeping. So back to 0
Last edit: 16 May 2016 00:59 by Multirotor Go.

More
16 May 2016 11:26 #48521 by schallundrauch
Replied by schallundrauch on topic How to setup and activate Timers in V:5 on 7e
@92zb: do you use 5.0.0 release version or nightly build?

@Multirotor Go: It's not that hard to use timers if the timers menu is accessible. switch defines the trigger for counting (THR in your case), reset sw the trigger for resetting the counter, and so on. Have you tried 5.0.0 release version or only nightly builds?

@HappyHarry: Is there maybe a 5.0.1 planned in near future? I'm not sure if this is worth a bug report - I found the MT99X as a new protocol in the release notes and wanted to try it, but it was not bundled in the release, that's why I updated to a nightly build with the protocol included.

More
16 May 2016 12:49 #48524 by HappyHarry
pb and the guys are constantly working on the code so i'd expect these issues to be cleared very soon, you just have to realise that by using the nightlies you are on the bleeding edge and these issues will happen from time to time. as for a 5.0.1 I'm not sure what kind of changes would cause a new point release so I can't say for sure when it will be released

More
16 May 2016 16:01 #48532 by Multirotor Go
In my case I have the las nigtly build for 7e, and I think is ok. Which are the normal steps to programthe timer to star at 10% and stop at a lower %?

More
16 May 2016 16:41 #48533 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic How to setup and activate Timers in V:5 on 7e
the timer issue had already been addressed in my development branch (at9). I've also fixed it in master and regenerated the nightly build. so if you download 8c876ba these issues should be addressed. I'll note that when you find bugs, filing tickets in the bug-tracker is the best way to make sure I see them. I don't read every thread on this site, but I do see tickets as they show up. Tank you 92zb for doing so.

More
16 May 2016 17:02 #48535 by Multirotor Go
Thank you, I just used this thread for my question since was a similar topic, but since I don't know how to set up the timer, that is been my question from the begining, I have no idea if I have a bug or not.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds