rx2637h-d

More
19 Jun 2016 13:44 #50804 by Rhoads6257
rx2637h-d was created by Rhoads6257
How do you clear a RX2637H-D to bind with a Devo 7 TX. Right now it goes thru flashing LED, solid LED, servos tic and set, LED goes to blinking slow. When I fly it , it lifts off and spins in a circle like the tail portion of the Gyro hasn't set. Tail rotor is turning, just not fast enough. I really need some help with this problem!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2016 00:39 #50839 by Zaphod
Replied by Zaphod on topic rx2637h-d
If I remember correctly it's power off the rx, plug the bind plug into the aileron channel in the rx, power up the rx. This will clear any fixed id.

Then power off the rx, remove the bind plug and go through the usual bind process (power on tx, power on rx, light flashes then goes solid).

More
20 Jun 2016 02:02 #50846 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic rx2637h-d
I think Zaphod has the procedure right, except ISTR using the elevator plug instead of the aileron plug. But I haven't had any luck getting Google to cough up a manual, so knows? Maybe try them both.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
20 Jun 2016 15:09 - 20 Jun 2016 15:10 #50859 by Rhoads6257
Replied by Rhoads6257 on topic rx2637h-d
Thanks much! That worked! NOW if I could just figure out how to stop the servos from jittering and dragging, I might be able to fly. It does this on 2 different Master CP's and a Super CP. Might be a bad Devo7!
Last edit: 20 Jun 2016 15:10 by Rhoads6257.

More
20 Jun 2016 15:11 #50860 by Rhoads6257
Elevator worked.

More
20 Jun 2016 21:12 #50872 by Zaphod
On the Master CP are they the original plastic geared servos? Have you checked to see if the servo gears are stripped? They are a known weak point and usually replaced with Walkera metal geared servos.

More
21 Jun 2016 13:12 #50906 by Rhoads6257
I replaced them with metal geared servos, all 3, replace gyro/receiver and tried both my Devo 7's on 2 different Master CP's. It's either something in the TX setup that I did wrong or these TX's are no good. Both are new.

More
22 Jun 2016 09:05 #50937 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic rx2637h-d
Blinking LED? Sound familiar to me :-) ESC problems?

German RCN forum: www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php/4...sam-kein-Throttle%29

More
22 Jun 2016 11:38 #50940 by Rhoads6257
I binded the receivers again and stopped the blinking problem, it took 3 tries, though. The now is problem is when I get the Helicopters off the ground to a hover it's fine, but when I move the cyclic right, left, back, or forward and then let the cyclic center itself the heli doesn't center, it stays like the cyclic is stuck in right, left, back, or forward. This really getting expensive. Anyone have an answer?

More
22 Jun 2016 18:49 #50955 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic rx2637h-d
Well, sounds normal. That is like a CP heli flies. This is not a FixedPitch heli with a 45 degree mechanical flybar!
It does not self-level by itself.
It stays it its last position (roll/nick), e.g roll right, until you give a opposite direction roll left.

There are some FBLs which do a little bit of center self leveling on nick, if you do not press the nick forward all the time.
You may be able to adjust the poti how much self leveling the FBL should apply,.
However I can not speak how much center leveling you might be able to apply.
AFAIK 6G mode just means it is super stable in wind as as well hight / collective and the heli does not jump up/down or left/right just by the wind.
You might find some tips in the MasterCP manual for poti adjustments.

IMHO you still need to fly the CP heli - even the MasterCP.
If this CP behavior is very new to you, you better first try a good heli simulator (RealFlight, HeliX, Next, AccuRC, Reflex XTR, etc.).

More
22 Jun 2016 19:03 #50957 by Rhoads6257
Thanks for your input. I was kind of coming around to the idea that it is the proper behavior of of CP Heli. I guess I just needed to hear/read it. I have flown my Master CP and landed it a couple of times, it's just way different than FP' s I'm use to. So thanks again, I really appreciate the feed back. Looks like I got some learning to do.

More
22 Jun 2016 19:24 #50958 by mwm
Let me add a bit of confirmation to what Thomas said. I have a Mini CP and a 4F200LM, both Walkera CP helis from just before they got out of that business, like your Master CP. And they fly the way you describe your Master CP as flying. On the other hand, so does my Blade 200SRX, at least in expert mode. But it's a high end FP heli designed to help people transition from FP to CP. Blade products are designed to create long-term customers by helping you grow in the hobby. Recently, they've started putting the SAFE firrmware - meaning auto-leveling, a panic switch, but still having an acrobatic mode - in their entry-level CP helis.

If you really dislike sims, you might consider a 200SRX or one of those new CP helis instead. But stay small. I prefer the Mini CP to a sim, as it's small enough that a bad crash with good habits (meaning I hit throttle hold) typically does no damage, most of the time there is damage replacement parts cost less than $10, and I can replace the entire heli for less than the cost of fixing a bad blade strike on a larger heli.

While I"m rambling, I'll note that on last weeks RC Heli Nation podcast one of the hosts was raving about a "rescue" feature - similar to the SAFE Panic feature - that he wanted for his high end custom built helis.

More
23 Jun 2016 00:55 #50963 by Zaphod
Given the Master CP is a 6 axis gyro it does have a degree of self levelling. There are 3 adjustable pots on the rx itself to turn up or down the effect of the gyro.

The other thing to check is that the gyro setting in the tx are also set as per the manual.

Personalised I dialled the gyro down to behave more like a 3 axis gyro but even then there is a small amount of self levelling. On full I found it like flying a FP heli.

More
23 Jun 2016 01:10 #50964 by Rhoads6257
Thanks after I repair them I'll try that, broke some parts today. You say to dial the pots On gyro all the way up. Do you mean all 3? I really appreciate the advice. I am new to CP heli's.
I'm a retired trucker and these helicopters keep my mind busy and me active. Not to mention how much fun they are. Thanks much!

More
23 Jun 2016 03:28 #50967 by Zaphod
There are 3 pots - 2 adjust the sensitivity of the Aileron and Elevator. The third pot adjusts the travel distance of the servos.

Set the gyro pots to about 12 o'clock to start with. If you reduce the travel pot clockwise it should limit the total travel of the servos.

This should tame it down a fair bit but will take some trial and error until you get a comfortable setting.

Further - grab a micro heli - Mini CP or Super CP. They are cheap to fix, less likely to break and you will learn control. I have a now very old V922 that I still fly to learn new things. Best money you can spend before breaking a bigger bird ;)

More
23 Jun 2016 06:47 - 23 Jun 2016 13:29 #50969 by mwm
In my experience, Walkera's manual doesn't help much with gyro settings. In particular, you can switch between rate mode and heading hold mode with channel 7 (hence the 7E vs most other companies 6-channel entry level heli tx's), and what happens if you don't configure it depends on the Rx. The 4F200LM defaulted to rate mode, and I went crazy trying to fix that. The Mini CP defaults to HH mode. Neither manual mentions this.

It does sound like yours are right, though.

Last edit: 23 Jun 2016 13:29 by mwm.

More
23 Jun 2016 12:20 #50985 by Rhoads6257
10-4 on that! I bought a Super CP right out the box while preflighting it had a bad servo, but I have a new servo on the way. THANKS AGAIN!

More
06 May 2017 00:04 #62050 by Old pete
Replied by Old pete on topic rx2637h-d
I just tried bind my devo 7 with a rx2637h-d the same way shown but only get flashing red light. The reason I'm trying to put new one in the servos are jittery and I've tried brand new one and they jitter, so I can't set swashplate.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds