Is it "Brown out"

More
22 Jul 2016 10:58 #51980 by 92zb
Is it "Brown out" was created by 92zb
Yesterday we went to fly my latest FT Explorer for the first time. Performed Range Test which was ok for more then 50 meter. Launched the model and while in its flight the engine was going dead for few sec. and coming alive. We again tested it on the ground and powered for a min. but the motor did not cut, but while flying again it happened again, even on reduced power to see whether it was ESC getting which was getting hot, but no change.

This was the setup :
FT Explorer
REDCON CM421 2.4G 4CH Full-Range DSM2 Compatible Receiver
EMAX GT2215-12 2215 905KV Outrunner Brushless Motor
ZOP 2200 3S Lipo Battery
EMAX BLHeli Series 6A 12A 30A ESC
DEVO 7e with latest nightly.

As I am a novice as far as 2.4 Mhz and Electric flight setup but my mate who was testing this model was an old hand but he never heard of multi protocol DEVE.. I suspect the receiver, because it is a chipo. Next time i will use Orange receiver and see what happens.
Could some one please shed some light on it. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2016 12:26 - 22 Jul 2016 12:30 #51983 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Is it "Brown out"
There seem to be some receivers which offer quick re-connect.

I heard about that reading on newer Spektrum DSM2 receivers.
Re-connect is also a term I read about on Spektrum DSMx receiver technology.

Hard to tell if it is the receiver.

As in all threads I would have to advise:
- to also test with a Spektrum genuine full-range receiver

- use Spektrum FlightLog telemetry with a TM1000 and DSMx receiver data port

- anthing which could block / shield the antennas, e.g electronics (ESCS, servos, motor, motor), lipo power cables, away from lipo = shielding
Funny, FT explorer is a plane - I initially thought about quadcopter :-)

- checking Fades A/L or A/B per antenna if they go max at 255 (0xFF) (in best case it should not)

- checking FrameLosses >40 (we still miss yy F in xx seconds time delta in DeviationTX sources)

- checking for any Holds > 0

- testing ground test with 100uf, 300uf and 1mw
-> at best you may get ~60m @ 1mw and you should get at least ~30-35m@1mw

- BEC: how good actually is your BEC? Do you use it from Emax BLHeli series or any dedicated BEC?
If all is good but the BEC does not provide the constant voltage it actually would be a DSM2 brown out.
Is it SBEC? You might want to test another L-BEC too.

For Spektrum DSM2 receivers one LED (was it the orange or the red one, can't remember) a brown out should be indicated on the receiver.
Not sure how good this Redcon DSM2 receiver stuff is?!?

See my ground range test in DSM telemetry support thread for comparison: www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...port?start=400#45377

Thomas
Last edit: 22 Jul 2016 12:30 by Thomas.Heiss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds