Devo 10 kill switch using 2 switches

More
27 Jul 2016 19:15 #52219 by JanneHoo
Devo 10 kill switch using 2 switches was created by JanneHoo
Hello! as the subject says, I would like to add killswitch on my devo 10/pixhack copter; and so I wouldn't use it accidentally I would like it to be so that it would need 2 switches to be turned. So how do I create mix where it requires 2 switches to be turned to send signal to one channel?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2016 21:53 #52221 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Devo 10 kill switch using 2 switches
What signal needs to be sent to "kill it"? Is it more that stopping sending throttle? Is it an arm switch you have to have in a specific state in order to fly so all we'd have to do is send a different state? Is this a channel all on its own you need to send a specific value on (example "setting ch8 to >1850 will shut down all motors")?

Creating the mix is simple but it's also trivial if we don't know what the final outcome needs to be. Is killing the throttle with a switch (or in your case two switches) not enough that you actually need to send a separate signal?

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
28 Jul 2016 19:13 #52243 by JanneHoo
Replied by JanneHoo on topic Devo 10 kill switch using 2 switches
Actually if it possible to configure so that it would use 2 channels in apm; ch7 would be motors emergency stop and ch8 would be parachute release (since i'm not sure can I make them both happen through same channel). And this would be so that if i trigger only one of the switches = nothing would happen. And when both channels enabled it would send pwm signal to both from 1000 to 1900 for example.

More
05 Aug 2016 19:48 #52479 by JanneHoo
Replied by JanneHoo on topic Devo 10 kill switch using 2 switches
Actually i just noticed that relasing parachute shuts all motors , so I would need to configure one channel so that it would require 2 switches to be turned (for example gear and rudd d/r ). can anyone help with this?

More
06 Aug 2016 12:29 - 06 Aug 2016 12:30 #52495 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 10 kill switch using 2 switches
Use two mixers on the channel. One is fixed at the of value, the other uses one switch as a source and is enabled by the second switch.

Or use each switch as a source in each mixer, and the Min mux type.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 06 Aug 2016 12:30 by mwm.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds