7e diode rage mod works for what protocols

More
31 Jul 2016 10:09 #52315 by Nicbc
Hi im having trouble finding the correct info for what the diode mod on the 7e is good for. I know it extends the range, but for which protocols does it do this for. I know for sure that it works for the dsmx and dsm2 and maybe i think frsky but i dont know how when frsky is a seperate modual modification. Theres alot of conflicting info about this subject on the internet. Some says for all some say for just a few protocols. I was hoping it would help right now with the stock walkera protocol with the rx701 reciever so i can get better range now instead of having to wait to do the frsky mod since from what i herd thats the best range you can get with modding the 7e, i just cant afford it now which is why i was hoping it does work with the stock protocol. Anyways if you have some info on this or know a source i can be directed to i would really apriciate it.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2016 14:01 #52318 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic 7e diode rage mod works for what protocols
it works with all protocols that use the stock cyrf chip, this includes the stock devo protocols

More
31 Jul 2016 22:49 #52347 by mwm
And you can find which protocols use which chip in the wiki: www.deviationtx.com/wiki/supported_protocols

As of now, the cyrf chip is used for the DSM protocols, the Walkera protocols (Devo & WKxxxx) and a Nine Eagles protocol.

All but DSM2, DSMX and Devo are obsolete, and no longer in use by the company that created them. DSM2 is also obsolete and no long being used by the company that created it, but I believe there have been aircraft released this year from companies using unlicensed clones of the protocol. Which you may not be able to buy in Europe because they use DSM2.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
01 Aug 2016 02:00 #52351 by Nicbc
Replied by Nicbc on topic 7e diode rage mod works for what protocols
awesome that's good news for now until I get the frsky mod. anyways. thanks a lot. iI knew it was only 3 protocols that could be used with the cyrf mod, that's why I was confused when I read somewhere in a forum that the diode short works for the frsky protocol, I knew that wasn't correct, I should have made my question more clear by asking if it works with all three protocols possible with the cyrf stock module; devo, dsmx, dsm2. you guys got what I meant though. And yes dsm2 is outdated but a lot of 3rd party bind and fly stuff use it. again thanks for the info and Since I now know it does work to increase devo protocol range as well I just finished the diode short mod a little bit ago, which wasn't that hard, everyone was saying it was super hard, I just practiced with a old broken control board I had and soldered it while using a tiny flathead to push it off the module, I then shorted it with the tiniest bit of solder. the hardest part was actually putting the shield back on straight. now I'm going to test the range. also I live in California lol.

More
01 Aug 2016 22:07 #52378 by Nicbc
Replied by Nicbc on topic 7e diode rage mod works for what protocols
I guess 4 with the 9 eagles protocol not counting the obsolete protocols. Confused on how the 9 eagles works though. It seemed kinda odd the way they explained it , im sure its easy, im lretty new at this but i think its just a means of getting the correct hardware or rx. Anyways did the range testing and im pretty sure its better, i was kinda dumb because i should have tested it before i did the diode mod but i did things kinda odd. I first did the diode, then i downloaded and installed the deviation firmware. A little backwards but it works, just dont know how much more, i will look up on some forums on how far people should get with 100uw unless someone might know here? Its ok though im sure the info is somewhere on these fourms, just gotta look for it.

More
02 Aug 2016 19:17 - 02 Aug 2016 19:20 #52396 by mwm
Nine Eagles uses at least three different protocols. Their RTF aircraft used to come with two different Tx's, both called "J6Pro" if I understand correctly (maybe not - never got the "other" one). The one used for CP heli's was 6 channels, and is the one that deviation supports. They used a (maybe more than one) different protocol for 4 or fewer channel aircraft. Not sure if they ever did a 6-channel aircraft that wasn't a CP heli.

For their "Receiver-Ready" aircraft, they had a "General Link" protocol which was different from the RTF protocols. Again, it seems there were two different versions of this as well - one that was Nine Eagle's own, and a later one that was based on the Tactic SLT/Anylink protocol. There are reports of General Link both working and not working with Anylink, so I'd bet they quietly changed it at some point.

Later, they got bought by Tower Hobbies (or maybe HeliMax, which Tower also owns), and switched everything over to SLT, which uses the nRF24l01 chip.

I liked their heli's - you could buy the Nine Eagles version from overseas for a really low cost, but if you wanted parts in a hurry you could buy the version for the HeliMax rebrand from a US vendor.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 02 Aug 2016 19:20 by mwm.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds