cc2500 module

More
10 Sep 2016 09:26 #53723 by hydro
cc2500 module was created by hydro
There is something i do not understand
I want to use the cc2500 module because i only have frysky receivers.
Can i swap the devo module for the cc2500 module?
Is this possible ? I think i never will use devo receivers . or must i connect the cc2500 module as described in the wiki ?
When using the cc2500 module , the wifi cable is still connected to the devo module? . Do i only use the protocoll of the cc2500 en the devo module transmits en receives everything?

Thanks

albert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2016 23:37 #53775 by bangster
Replied by bangster on topic cc2500 module
I don't see any reason to remove the existing module. I left mine in place even though I won't be using more than likely. I got a 3n1 module and put its antenna in the antenna shell on the receiver, and just looped the one for the built in module inside the case. I couldn't get both of them in the antenna shell, as the one it comes with is pretty big.

Once you have installed the cc2500 module and set it up to see it, and it sees it (you can tell if it is enabled in the ini file and you don't get a message about it missing, as well as any protocol that uses it will no longer have a * next to it and you can select it and attempt to bind).

I will say I left the built in module connected because i MIGHT use it, I am struggling with Frsky receiver, but can get other receivers that use other protocols on other modules to work reasonably well.

More
11 Sep 2016 12:09 #53789 by bianchifan
Replied by bianchifan on topic cc2500 module

hydro wrote: Can i swap the devo module for the cc2500 module?

You may try this at your own risk!
What devo?
I was unsuccessful with my 7e ultimate try :(
Missing Modules: CYRF9636
An unmodified 7e should run with the newest nitely (non 256k build).
Currently you can find a post concerning the same prob on a 12s..

More
11 Sep 2016 14:50 #53791 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic cc2500 module
Note that most people using the CYRF module aren't using the Walkera protocols. They're using the DSM protocols from Spektrum, used by most of the Horizon Hobby brands, or by the inexpensive OrangeRx Rx's (a good alternative to the FrSky D series in some cases), the LemonRx's, some of the Hobby King BNF aircraft and small single-board quads.

It also supports the J6Pro protocol, but I don't think any hardware still in production uses that.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds