Devo 10 blank screen

More
05 Oct 2016 19:22 #54639 by xpi
Devo 10 blank screen was created by xpi
Hello,

I have the following issues, all help and advice will be usefull.

I flashed my devo 10 with the deviationtx firmware v5 and install the USB files.
I installed the 3in1 module of banggood, I followed the banggood's procedure.
I configured sucessfully my three models (H8 mini, hubsan 4x, X600).
Few days later after change my battery for eneoloop (black ones), and after the first turn on my screem became blank.

I checked my module installation : All is clear, all connectors are pluged
I tried several kind of batteries : No change
I tried to install the last Nightly Builds : No change
I tried the stock firmware from devention : No change

The USN mount (turn on + ENT) works, I can see the usb drive.
The model defined as default in the tx.ini continue to works. If if change the number of model, I can control the defined model.

I looked for the solution in all blank screen topics in the forum : no solution works for my case.

So any advice, any idea will be welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2016 03:27 #54643 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Devo 10 blank screen
Save your model files and reformat internal drive. Check to see if it works then copy back your model files.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
06 Oct 2016 05:49 - 06 Oct 2016 05:50 #54647 by xpi
Replied by xpi on topic Devo 10 blank screen
Unfortunatly I already done several times without success.

I checked the format attribut : Size (3.78Mo) , System file (FAT), allocation size (4096).
All was good.
I checked also the splash.bmp was readable (it's the first picure during the start)
Last edit: 06 Oct 2016 05:50 by xpi.

More
09 Oct 2016 13:29 #54752 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Devo 10 blank screen
Some reports say the black eneloops get their longer life because they cannot deliver the punch of the regular eneloop. If it was the other way round i might suspect a voltage regulator being over loaded. That being said, have you checked internal voltages to make sure you are getting 5v and 3.3v where it is needed?

Does this happen with a protocol on each transmitter chip (e.g. with Frsky - cc2500, DSMX - CYF, h8 - NRF & Hubsan - A7105) or just one chip?

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
09 Oct 2016 14:46 #54756 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Devo 10 blank screen

Deal57 wrote: Some reports say the black eneloops get their longer life because they cannot deliver the punch of the regular eneloop. If it was the other way round i might suspect a voltage regulator being over loaded.

Not arguing with you sir, I know of all people you really know what your talking about so perhaps there's other "black eneloops" on the market now however the only black Eneloops I know of (after that Panasonic rebranding) are the 2500mAh Eneloop XXX'S and those are superb NiMH batteries, THE BEST I've ever used.
Current delivery and voltage maintenance while under load are, again THE BEST I've ever seen from any NiMH AA battery ever. I use them in my flashlight hobby and regularly draw >10A (yes you read that right, OVER TEN AMPS) from a 4s1p configuration.
Again perhaps there are other black Eneloops I've never heard of but if they are XXX's (branded Panasonic after the merger) I'm 1000% positive that's not what's happening...

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
09 Oct 2016 14:58 #54757 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo 10 blank screen
If you haven't any backlight with blank screen, it can be hardware problem.

More
09 Oct 2016 15:59 - 09 Oct 2016 16:00 #54760 by Alexandro
Replied by Alexandro on topic Devo 10 blank screen
Some Points to check with your Black Screen

- is the Dfu and the File System the same Version ?
- after flashing use the eject Menu on the Windows Hardware Menu
- after copy the Files to the Devo Drive use the same eject usb Menu ( Bottom right on Windows Desktop , the USB Thing )

Some Times i get the Same Error on my 10 after a Fresh Install, then i repeat with the Steps and all is ok.

just my 2 ct

Alex
Last edit: 09 Oct 2016 16:00 by Alexandro.

More
09 Oct 2016 16:46 #54763 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Devo 10 blank screen
@Cereal_Killer, I certainly did not intend to disparage the eneloops, only trying to identify a source of potential issues, e.g. voltage to the LCD. And I appreciate your endorsement as I have been on the fence for some time, just slogging with my basic Duracells cuz I'm cheap! :unsure: Coincidence does not equal cause, but a voltage problem is something to rule out.

+ 1 to potential hardware failure. Just for grins be sure that the LCD connector is fully seated and not damaged.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
21 Oct 2016 20:27 #55263 by lyteflyer
Replied by lyteflyer on topic Devo 10 blank screen
I had the same problem with my Devo 10. After loading deviation 5, following the instructions in the manual I got a blank screen. I reloaded several times with the same result. In desperation I loaded the "media" folder (even though the manual says not to) and it fixed the problem.

More
22 Oct 2016 13:10 #55272 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Devo 10 blank screen
Wait, the manual says not to load the media directory? That's not correct, can you quote that so we can address it?

There are only 2 files in the .zip that don't get drag-and-dropped, the "updating.txt" file and the .DFU file. All other directories/ files (including the 3 Txt files) must be loaded.

The media directory is, as you saw, the location of nearly all art uses to draw the screens. Notably only model icons are stored somewhere else. The startup splash screen IS in the media directory and is displayed at every power up. If that file can't be loaded it throws a wrench in the startup procedure and halts the process.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
26 Oct 2016 02:10 #55387 by lyteflyer
Replied by lyteflyer on topic Devo 10 blank screen
In the manual, the screenshot of the file list shows (devo 6/8 only) on the media folder line.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds