Can't log in to Mantis to report bugs

More
18 Oct 2016 00:29 #55076 by raketemensch
Can't log in to Mantis to report bugs was created by raketemensch
I logged out of the forums and back in to make sure I was using the right password, but I can't get in to Mantis to report a bug.

The USBHID mode is not working wth MacOS Sierra.

I've got a Dev 7e running Stable, although I tried a recent nightly as well, with the same issue. Both were downloaded builds, I did not build it myself.

As soon as it initializes it takes over the mouse, rendering all mouse control useless.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Connect TX to Mac running Sierra
2) Select USBHID profile
3) Re-init

Mouse will become uncontrollable until you unplug the TX.

I have another MBP here running El Capitan, and it works perfectly. This only happens with Sierra.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2016 00:47 - 18 Oct 2016 00:48 #55077 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Can't log in to Mantis to report bugs
Yes you're correct bug tracker is down however I'm not yet convinced what you exp is even a Devo bug. Is Sierra a new update?

What other non keyboard / mouse HID'S do you have? Something like a wired Xbox or ps2 controller or a touch / stilus pad?

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 18 Oct 2016 00:48 by Cereal_Killer.

More
18 Oct 2016 01:22 #55079 by raketemensch
Replied by raketemensch on topic Can't log in to Mantis to report bugs
Yup, it looks like the issue is with Sierra, the latest MacOS. Digging around the interwebs I'm seeing similar issues with USB devices.

More
18 Oct 2016 04:56 - 18 Oct 2016 05:02 #55080 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Can't log in to Mantis to report bugs
I didn't realize Sierra was still beta, didn't know apple did that. Does the apple beta dev team take bug reports from Random people?

I feel like not many people wouldnt have access to such a generic game pad HID such as deviation/ open-tx so it may not be reported yet, queuing them on your specific issues may help them out. There's nothing to do on the devo side of things...

If you have an Xbox or even ps2 controller that's wired (NOT wireless w/ a charging USB cable) plug it in and see what it happens (Xbox should show up as xbpx/Microsoft but work the same as devo and ps2 will show up same as devo: "generic USB Gamepad"). If nothing else you'll have more data to report.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 18 Oct 2016 05:02 by Cereal_Killer.

More
18 Oct 2016 13:33 - 18 Oct 2016 13:34 #55094 by raketemensch
Oh, it's not beta, it's out for real, despite lots of USB issues. Lots of people can't access their backup drives, this release is a mess. I am in the beta program, though, and have posted in the forums, but I'll see if I can submit a more formal bug report. Just never had to before.

I had been using an XBox controller with FPV Freerider until recently, I'll give that a shot tonight.
Last edit: 18 Oct 2016 13:34 by raketemensch.

More
18 Oct 2016 13:55 #55095 by raketemensch
I just confirmed, The XBox controller still works perfectly. I just plugged it in and it appeared in System Information as "Gamepad for XBox 360."

I fired up Freerider and everything calibrated just fine.

More
25 Oct 2016 14:45 #55371 by raketemensch
Just as an update -- the 10.12.1 patch came out yesterday, but did not fix this issue.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds