Impovement of calibration

More
06 Dec 2016 13:21 #56587 by povlhp
Impovement of calibration was created by povlhp
Hi devs,
I have devo 10. when I calibrate it, things looks fine, but if I press hard on the sticks at the limit, like throttle down, then I can get a value of -120 or so. And sometimes I need to press hard to get it down to 100% and stay there.

What I want is some sort of filter/processing/calibration that limits sticks inputs to -100..100 - It is OK to scale them in mixers etc. But I want a calibration that across models will give me data in the -100..100 range - +/- trim and mixers etc. min/max range is not really good enough, as this would prevent me from having a throttle failsafe trigger switch.

I can see some other users are trying to not push too hard down when calibrating, just to be sure they will have no trouble getting down to -100. Low end of throttle is where we have the largest issue.

I wrote a little about it here: www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...6620-throttle-gimbal

If none of the developers wants to do this, how do I go about making a patch and get it included ? I am a bit rusty in programming, but this should be within my skillset.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 13:52 #56591 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Impovement of calibration
I think it is not a calibration problem.
If the stick inputs would always be limited to -100..+100, then it would only hide some existing calibration problems, for example you might be ended with a reduced effective stick range.

A few percents won't cause any trouble, but your 20% difference indicates some serious hardware fault. Sometimes there is a play between the axis of the pot and the stick, which can be reduced mechanically, i.e. by filling the gap.

More
06 Dec 2016 15:00 #56593 by kubus
Replied by kubus on topic Impovement of calibration
Yesterday I installed the 4-in-1 module in my Devo 10. When I put it back together, I recognized, that the throttle stick moved a little forward when I pushed it completely down and then let it loose.
The reason was a cable, which blocked the mechanic inside the transmitter. So I put this cable back on the place where it belongs and the problem was solved.

Just writing this in order to check the hardware before you try to solve the problem on the software side.

More
06 Dec 2016 17:57 #56600 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Impovement of calibration
The code already limits ADC inputs to +/- 100%. Look at CHAN_ReadInput in target/*/channels.c.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds