Devo &E

More
04 Jan 2017 22:56 #57539 by atsw31
Devo &E was created by atsw31
Hi, I am new to RC helicopters.

I have a DEVO 7e which I was trying to connect to hell-x flight simulator. Some how in installing software I have messed up and all I see now when I turn the tx on is a usb symbol. I am using a MacBook Air - cannot find anything to support a mac download to rectify the issue. Can anyone help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2017 01:24 - 05 Jan 2017 02:22 #57543 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic Devo &E
The Deviation manuals suggest 2 methods for installing Deviation:
1. Use the Deviation Java Uploader.
2. Use the Walkera Dfuse installation software.

Method number 2 is for use with computers running the Windows operating system.
Method number 1, the Java Uploader, is cross-platform (Windows, MacOS, Unix, whatever can use Java), and is the simpler, more trouble-free method. The Updater was designed and built by the Deviation development team to ease installation of Deviation on a variety of Devo tramitters.. Using the Java Uploader, you can easily install any version of Deviation from version 4.01 or later, or return to the original Walkera firmware and file system if you wish. Installation uses the Firmware Zip file that you download without needing to unpack it. The Java Uploader takes care of unpacking and putting everything it the appropriate location on the radio. The application also includes other useful features you can explore.

Step-by-step downloads:
- Click on "Downloads" in the sidebar on the left side of the home page on the website.
- Download to your computer to a location where you can find it, a version of your choice from the "Deviation Releases" section. We recommend using the newest "Nightly Build", since it will have the most up-to-date information and the latest protocols.
- Click on "DFU USB Tool" from the "Downloads" page.
- Windows users can click on "DFU USBDrv Installer 1.1.zip" to download Windows driver software in order to recognize the USB port of the Devo radio (if needed).
- Click on "DeviationUpload-0.8.0.jar." to download the Java software used for installing Deviation.
- Go to www.java.com to download the current Java software for your computer if you don't already have it installed.
- From the sidebar on the deviationtx website, go to the "Links" page, where you can find sources for the original Walkera installation files for your Devo, if you decide to fall back or start over.

Step-by-step Installing Deviation on the Devo:
- Ensure that your Devo is fully charged before beginning. Interrupting this process will lead to tears.
- Run the DeviationUpload-0.8.0.jar application on your computer.
- Connect your Devo to your computer using the appropriate USB cable.
- On the radio, turn on the power switch while pressing the "EXT" button. (On the Devo 12S radio, use the "Trainer" switch instead.)
The "Program Update" screen will be displayed on the radio and it is ready to receive an update.
- If your computer prompts you for driver software, take the steps necessary to satisfy that request, Window users should start with the "DFU USBDrv Installer" that you downloaded earlier.
- If your computer prompts you to format the device, accept the default recommendation and proceed. Formatting clears out the file system, but does not affect the firmware. If you had Devention models, they are saved, but are not available to you under Deviaton firmware.
- On your computer, look at the "Transmitter" field at the top of the Uploader program that's running. The name of your Devo should appear there shortly after turning on the transmitter.
- Look for the series of tabs marked "Install/Upgrade | DFU | File Manager | Bin-Send" and see that "Install/Upgrade" is highlighted.
- Next to the "Firmware" field, click on the "..."button to browse for the Zip file for the Deviation firmware you are going to install and select it. The path and filename will appear in the "Firmware" field. You will also see that the fields for Firmware and Library Version and Size now contain information. Also, a number of item boxes have been checked in the program window to set up the installation. You're good to go!
- Click on the "Install/Upgrade" button at the bottom of the program window and wait while the installation takes place. You'll see the progress bar at the bottom of the window and then a dialog box will notify you when the installation is complete. Be patient.
- Job done. Unplug the USB cable and turn off the transmitter. When you turn it on again, you'll be greeted with the Deviation splash screen and your adventure can begin.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?
Last edit: 05 Jan 2017 02:22 by Arnold.

More
05 Jan 2017 16:37 #57555 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Devo &E
also be aware that there is usb issues in macos from the sierra beta onwards, you will be unable to use a devo tx via usb for any sim on a mac with those os versions

More
05 Jan 2017 18:24 #57560 by atsw31
Replied by atsw31 on topic Devo &E
Thank you for this - very helpful and after reverting to the 7E DFU i can complete the update.

More
05 Jan 2017 18:25 #57561 by atsw31
Replied by atsw31 on topic Devo &E

HappyHarry wrote: also be aware that there is usb issues in macos from the sierra beta onwards, you will be unable to use a devo tx via usb for any sim on a mac with those os versions

Oh brilliant - looks like i will have to drag my pc out of the loft then. Is there a workaround for this - will a usb controller work?

More
08 Feb 2017 14:22 #58923 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Devo &E
jfip the macos usb bug is fixed as of

MacOS Sierra
version 10.12.3

thanks to DumbTrucker for the information

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds