Successful range mod but USB is not working/dead

More
05 Feb 2017 21:05 #58791 by mnb123
Hi, I have successfully preform range mode but accidentally shorten one or two smd resisotor/smd capacitor when turning on Devo 7e.
When I firstly turned on TX after range mod nothing happened (dead Devo) but then I have removed all solder which accidentally stick on smd resisotor/smd capacitor and Devo luckily turned on.

Everything seems to work okay but as I have already mentioned in the title USB is not working.

PC doesn't recognize my Devo and when I connect it to MacBook, MAC turn off automatically.

Is out here any possible way to fix that and make USB working again?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2017 05:21 - 06 Feb 2017 05:27 #58800 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Successful range mod but USB is not working/dead
Oh man, as someone who's killed a [pretty high end] 15" Dell my wife was given from her work after a USB device I build shorted and back fed just ~6v onto a data line I can not stress enough that any time you solder stuff on a USB device that device needs to be tested in a powered USB hub before being directly connected to a computers USB port! Absolute max on a USB data line is just 5.85V! You really got lucky there, you have confirmed the USB port works on the computer (with a known safe device) right?

OK so your pictures show two shorted caps and I'm not sure what you're pointing the diode out for. That's a protection diode in the power line (5v) to the factory CYRF module, it probably doesn't have anything to do with your USB issue. Can you post a current pic now that you've removed the solder blobs? The USB data pins at the MCU are right next to the one shorted cap, I'd like to see pics to see you didn't simply damage the pins...

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 06 Feb 2017 05:27 by Cereal_Killer.

More
06 Feb 2017 11:25 #58813 by mnb123
I have attached latest photo. Do you need any more?
When I connect Devo to PC: "USD device not recognized" Before this Devo can connect to PC and MAC with no problem.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds