Issue with model config files

More
17 Feb 2017 00:43 #59212 by RNM75
Issue with model config files was created by RNM75
I tried copying over a model config file and it corrupted my hardware .ini files. Same thing happened when just copying over a model icon .bmp file to the modelico folder. Opening the hardware ini with notepad++ showed "null" across the top. Any ideas why this would be happening?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2017 02:06 #59214 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Issue with model config files
You may be able to simply reformat the USB drive. Be sure your batteries are fully charged when you work with the USB drive. I reformat when I change DFU, but of course I make a backup of the file system before! Reformatting doesn't take much time and particularly with the nightlies you should not reuse old files. Once you've rebooted and re-calibrated, then bring over your models, icons and layouts, etc.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
17 Feb 2017 02:21 #59215 by RNM75
Replied by RNM75 on topic Issue with model config files
I will give that a try. Thank you.

More
17 Feb 2017 21:31 #59251 by RNM75
I tried formatting, and when I reloaded everything it was fine. As soon as I tried to copy over a model file, it wiped out the hardware ini again. There's nothing in the file and it says its corrupt. This is frustrating, as I don't know what's wrong or what I'm doing wrong. I've had no issues flying my e010, only when I try to copy over a model file or files that this happens. Any other ideas?

More
18 Feb 2017 00:38 #59257 by RNM75
Well I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was dragging and dropping the model file from my computer to the tx instead of opening the model file in notepad++ and copying it over that way.

More
19 Feb 2017 02:55 #59299 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Issue with model config files
That's weird. I always just copy them, but I use a Unix system shell, not drag-n-drop. I'd say that if drag-n-drop is corrupting files, something on your system is broken.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds