Module NRF24L01 + PA + LNA with Devo 7E version 4.

More
27 Feb 2017 16:25 - 27 Feb 2017 16:44 #59685 by saidem
Hello,
I would like to install the NRF24L01 module and I would like to know if I can do it without changing the power supply of the Devo 7E?
I would also like to install the new version, in the 7E and in the Devo 8S, should I take the 5.0.0 or a nighty?
On my Devo 8S I put a special font, more readable, if I go with 5.0.0 version is that font will disappear and if so could I give it back?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Last edit: 27 Feb 2017 16:44 by saidem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2017 22:11 #59698 by mwm
Nightly builds are pretty active, so likely to have problems. I'd avoid those. If there's a protocol you really want, there's an build of 5.0.0 with latest protocols available (that really needs to be part of our standard build set) if you just want new protocols.

Yes, you can donate the font back - and are encouraged to do so. It needs to show up in a pull request on the github repository at github.com/DeviationTX/deviation . If you can't do that, you might try creating an issue about it asking for help. I'd offer to help, but the person who does it really ought to have an 8S so they can test things before submitting the PR.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
28 Feb 2017 17:27 #59717 by saidem
I'm sorry but it was not my police, I used the one made by Henkerkauss who has already made in several posts. There were one or two tricks to change and now it works fine on my Devo 8S. All the merit belongs to him. What I can do for others is to give the file that works on my 8S.
Thanks for your reply for the versions.
Do you know if I can install the NRF24l01 on my 7E without changing the power supply?

More
28 Feb 2017 18:57 #59723 by ketsa
I have a 7E with added NRF24l01 and A7105.

Never noticed a problem regarding power supply ??

More
28 Feb 2017 21:24 #59730 by mwm
Yes, you can install it without changing the power supply. There have been some reports of power issues, but only if you get 3 extra modules. The issue seems to be that the regulator doesn't provide enough power for the initial power on surge in that case, causing modules to randomly not be ready when the initial system test runs. It doesn't happen very often, and things usually work fine if you just power cycle. I ordered a second regulator when I needed one for my DIY servo tester, but I don't remember if I installed it or not.

This will also depend on which modules you use, as the breakout boards will behave differently. If you're thinking about more than one, you might consider the 3-in-1 or 4-in-1 module instead. Those will share circuitry so be less prone to this. The 4-in-1 replaces the CYRF module and removes the need for doing the range mod, but isn't as clean an install.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
01 Mar 2017 19:17 #59746 by saidem
Thank you both for your answers. I want to put this module to drive quad, I hope I made the right choice.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds