Best receiver for 220 size quads?

More
29 Apr 2017 22:06 #61852 by ClittleJ
Best receiver for 220 size quads? was created by ClittleJ
Hello, I have a Devo 7e with 4-1 multi module. I am looking at a ARF 220 size quad and was wondering which would be the best option to pair with the 7e. I have only used DSM2 satellite receivers, and BNF micro quad models I have always ordered DSM2 because it was what I was comfortable with using. But now that I need a full size receiver (that can run on 3-4s) I was wondering if there is a better option for the Devo 7e. I'm am running nightly build and have 2x3 switch mod. Which receiver would you use, if you were to buy a ARF quad, to bind to deviation? Thanks for your time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2017 02:33 #61859 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Best receiver for 220 size quads?
The FrSky X4R would be my first choice. Nice and small, good protocol, built in telemetry and S-BUS for the communications. If your FC only does PPM, then their D4R-II for the first three reasons.

I moved from DSM to FrSky a while back. Haven't regretted it once.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
01 May 2017 20:59 #61913 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Best receiver for 220 size quads?
I find this one an interesting cheap option: x400r
www.xt-xinte.com/F20119.html

It is mentioned it can even be flashed with the original Frsky XSR firmware. I just received one it is very small but no time to test it yet.
Previously I had some not so great results with cloned Frsky products so far... But the original X4R and D4R worked indeed great for me!!

More
03 May 2017 04:29 #61952 by ClittleJ
Replied by ClittleJ on topic Best receiver for 220 size quads?
Thanks for the advice! Guess I'll have to look into switching from DSM to Frsky! ;)
Cheers

More
04 May 2017 17:48 - 04 May 2017 18:00 #62002 by Krum
Replied by Krum on topic Best receiver for 220 size quads?
I will be building a 210 quad as well so do Frsky Receivers works with deviation ?.I am running stock devo 10 with installed deviation 5.0.0.I will get a F3 Flight Controller Acro.So what receiver should I get? possible the be able to support Sbus or Ppm and to be full range as long as I know Sbus is the fastest reception.if possible under 15 EUR.Thanks
Last edit: 04 May 2017 18:00 by Krum.

More
04 May 2017 18:13 #62003 by ClittleJ
Replied by ClittleJ on topic Best receiver for 220 size quads?
If you have stock Devo 10 w/deviation you are limited to Devo or DSMX/DSM2 receivers.

More
04 May 2017 19:53 - 04 May 2017 20:02 #62006 by Krum
Thanks. I am only wondering if I should get
This one www.banggood.com/IRangeX-RM601-2_4G-7CH-...tail-top-buytogether
Or this one
www.banggood.com/REDCON-CM703-2_4G-7CH-D...60.html?rmmds=search
I need a reliable rx with ppm and dsmx as I see.I have no Idea witch is better.thow I think the Redcon one is a little big.for the 210 quad
Last edit: 04 May 2017 20:02 by Krum.

More
05 May 2017 02:29 #62012 by mwm
If you're going to stay with stock hardware, then DSMX or DSM2 is the real choice. J6Pro is pretty much dead. Walkera's protocols aren't very popular, and last time I looked their stand-alone Rx's were big, heavy and expensive. But that was long enough ago they still made helicopters. I liked the Orange RX receivers. They also have built in telemetry, and either PPM or SBUS output. The iRange Rx's are new since I switched to FrSky, so I can't comment on them.

The telemetry may be less useful if you're flying FPV with OSD telemetry information. It's not the same thing as Tx telemetry, and I know people who swear by one and at the other for either of them. If you're new to this, having that telemetry lets you try them both, and if you're not new, having it available is a nice option if you want to try something new.

One final note: while PPM sucks, S-BUS isn't the only good choice, Spectrum uses something different on their better receivers, and the Spectrum satellite protocol is good as well. What you can use will depend on your FC software, and S-BUS is by far the most popular.

More
05 May 2017 06:38 #62020 by Whatsinaname
Replied by Whatsinaname on topic Best receiver for 220 size quads?
My favorites are spektrum satellites with serial (lemonrx, redcon dsmx) or flysksy afhds2a ibus.

I also use flight controllers that support these type of rx's along with dshot (fc and esc must both support).

More
05 May 2017 07:23 - 05 May 2017 07:33 #62022 by Krum
Okay so I should consider getting a orange rx witch works with dsmx/dsmx2 and supports Sbus so this one -
hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx-r615x-dsm2-...receiver-w-cppm.html
Or
hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx-r620x-v2-6c...ant-f-safe-cppm.html
What range can I expect from it? 1-1,5km?
And I want to ask why ppm sucks?
And witch reception will be faster the stock devo 6 receiver or the orange rx with Sbus. Because the prices are close.it may be a stupid question but I am all new to this.Thanks :)
Last edit: 05 May 2017 07:33 by Krum.

More
05 May 2017 19:16 #62046 by mwm
Is be surprised if you got a km out of that Rx. The 620 will probably do better than the 615, but even Spectrum doesn't seem to expect over a km from theirs, which is probably the best you'll get. The FrSky recievers do get that kind of range.

CPPM encodes the values with variable length pulses, one pulse for each value. This has a number of bad side effects. First, it's processor intensive. Second, it means there can be a long delay between the Rx getting a signal and the FC getting that value. Third, the delay is variable in length. Finally - and most importantly - it's possible for the delay to be longer than the entire frame, causing the FC to lose sync with the Rx and you to lose control of your aircraft. The first three may not matter depending on what you are doing, and the last can be avoided by careful tx programming in situations where it can happen, but a serial protocol avoids all these issues.

More
06 May 2017 12:35 - 06 May 2017 12:39 #62060 by Krum
So I just better get a devo receiver and use the normal PWM on the 220 quad.
Because at least I know devo's receivers get 1-1,5km
And later on to consider getting a frsky transmitter or module.
Last edit: 06 May 2017 12:39 by Krum.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds