Blade Nano CPX with Module in Horus

More
27 Aug 2017 20:42 #63997 by Bad Raven
Blade Nano CPX with Module in Horus was created by Bad Raven
Hi,

Have searched first but nothing found. I have several of the old Blade Nano CPX helicopters (DSM2)

I know that these are inherently iffy on bind because the Rx can be swamped with signal, and am used to walking away and putting body between Tx and Rx, usually then first time!

I also know that the bind process (using Spektrum) is abnormal as you have to operate the Tx rudder in addition to the bind button.

The problem is I'm unable to gain bind using the multi-module. I have had no problem at all with an old NanoQX and an ancient mCPX, so its not the Tx, basic unit or my settings of it FOR THEM.

The NanoCPX's however all refuse to bind no matter what I have tried. I have rebound them to a DX7 and a DX6i with no problem, so I assume its something to do with the extra rudder action not being effective through the module?

Has anyone managed to bind the old original Nano CPX and if so please tell me detail of how !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2017 01:50 #63998 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Blade Nano CPX with Module in Horus
Recommend asking in the RCGroups DIY-Multimodule thread.

Deviation waits for an aileron or elevator stick movement to end binding (ignoring rudder). Looking at the multimodule code it seems to only exit bind on receiving a packet from the rx, or timeout waiting for it (but I'm not very familiar with that code). It also contains the following comment, which implies the mixers should be set up before binding.
      /* Spektrum own remotes transmit normal values during bind and actually
       * use this (e.g. Nano CP X) to select the transmitter mode (e.g. computer vs
       * non-computer radio, so always send normal output */

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.023 seconds