F7: change protocoll issue/bluescreen on startup

More
15 Apr 2020 14:07 - 15 Apr 2020 16:12 #76186 by mzaugg
Hello All

I changed on my F7 to Deviation deviation-devof7-v5.0.0-2f2ef6c.zip.
For my old Models i wanted to use the old receivers what uses the WK2801.

First issue: Couldn't change the protocol in the Tx, when i click on <DEVO> and try to change with R+/L- it seems to make a reset

I realized that the wanted protocol isn't in the devo.fs file. So I added with the one from inside deviation-devof7-v5.0.0-2f2ef6c.zip.
I still couldn't change it by Tx, But I edited it with my computer in the model2.ini

Now something strange happens:
-When in tx.ini current_model=2, the tx can not startup, only blue screen and no start melody.
-When in tx.ini current_model=1, the tx starts up normal. I can change in the Tx to model2, i can bind my old receiver and it works.
But if I switch off the Tx, it doesn't boot again/blue screen.

So to use the Rx again I need my Computer to send the devo.fs again by USB.
(If I change back to model1 before switching off, restarting is possible)

What is wrong that it is not possible to change the protocol inside the Tx?
Why the Tx can not boot, if the current model has the WK2801 protocol? (How exactly is the syntax around "WK2810" in the model.ini file?)

I don't want to go back to the walkera firmware, deviation matches much more what i'm looking for.
Last edit: 15 Apr 2020 16:12 by mzaugg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2020 07:13 - 20 Apr 2020 12:16 #76193 by mzaugg
I juest updated to the newest nightly build, the problem is still there.

If I want to change the protocol in the F7, the F7 reboots immediately and no change in Protocol happens.
In the Emu version deviation-emu_devof7-v5.0.0-2bf5e52.exe of f7 it works without any problems.
Even worse:
If in the file tx.ini the current model is set to a model where I change the protocol by editing to WK2801, on Start up the f7 get stuck on blue screen.
So if I want to re use the F7 in that situation, I need a computer to reload the devo.fs file. It only can boot, if the current models Protocol is set to DEVI

Change the protocol inside a model seems the f7 to reboot. If it is set for the current model, the f7 continuously reboots. If you change to a model what has already WK2801, it works!
Is there any hope that it works if I solder in a bigger flash and change to xms-version?
Is here in that forum the right place to post my problem? I didn't got an answer yet
Last edit: 20 Apr 2020 12:16 by mzaugg.

More
23 Apr 2020 08:07 - 23 Apr 2020 08:14 #76199 by mzaugg
somehow solved:
Without XMS update, it still didn't work.
I had also an unstable file system, from time to time i had to load the devo.fs again,
...quite bad if i had programed a Model and made perfect adjustment in flight and all is lost

So I changed to XMS:
After change that 1$ SST26VF032B chip and flashing the xms version it is just perfect!
I had 2 Issues:
-The soldering pads come loose easily, so look carefully where all lines go, to add some wires if there is a need to.
-The Footprint of the new chip was too wide, so I had to bend the legs of the bug together.

I had also an unstable file system before, from time to time i had to load the devo.fs again,
...quite bad if i had programed a Model and made perfect adjustment in flight and all is lost

My Opinion: It was a waste of time to try the F7 with deviation without the XMS mod.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2020 08:14 by mzaugg.

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds