Trouble setting up a multiwii board.

More
11 Jun 2014 03:57 #24025 by Pagres
Trouble setting up a multiwii board. was created by Pagres
I am setting up my 4.1 flashed devo 7e to control a flip 1.5 multiwii flight controller with a lemon Rx dsm2 receiver. I got the channels corrected and reversed as needed but I cannot get my endpoints adjusted low enough. I change the value in mixer to -250 (its max) but it doesn't bring my signal down past 1130 in the multiwii GUI. The endpoint stops having effect around -130. I tested this by raising endpoint until signal value moved. I'm close, I believe the value needs to be <1100 for it to function (arm, disarm). I know its possible to change sketch of fc for higher values but I am not arduino savy and am trying to avoid opening that can of worms.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2014 04:21 #24026 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Trouble setting up a multiwii board.
Something's weird there. For me, I hit 1000/2000 with that setup (7e and LemonRX) at 150%. Make sure min/max limit is at -150/150 and you are changing the "scale" value. Also check that you don't have some sort of weird trim set up.
My throttle channel section in the model.ini looks like this:
[channel1]
scalar=150
scalar-=150
subtrim=-66
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=THR
dest=Ch1

More
11 Jun 2014 21:34 #24041 by Pagres
Replied by Pagres on topic Trouble setting up a multiwii board.
Thanks Arakon- you nailed it. I was just moving the endpoints, not the scale settings. The scale adjusted it no problem. Thanks for the tip you saved me a bunch of frustration.

More
25 Jun 2015 12:43 #34649 by maxxilom
Replied by maxxilom on topic Trouble setting up a multiwii board.
hi guys I've the same problems on my devo7E (deviation 4.0.1 and multiwii conf 2.4) to reach 1050-1950 (normally sufficient at least) for a micro mwc fc.
arakon I've tryed your channel 1 exemple, and get all the others channels similar, but scalar or trims don't seem to affect my tx output
(see them on the multiwii gui that I'm not getting full throttle or full pitch and others...)
I can change by trimming or scalar the lower level till 1000 (and maybe under I guess) but no way to push the max over approx 1920
also as I decrease this value with scalar (see changements going on the multiwii gui again) I won't get back to 1920 but something around 1915 even over 150% scalar.
I'm new with all of this stuff and I 'm getting a little lost.
thanks, you all and all this are great!

m

More
23 Oct 2015 17:06 #39144 by JohnWasser
Replied by JohnWasser on topic Trouble setting up a multiwii board.
With 4.0.1 on DEVO 7E:
ENT
UP/DN to "1. Model menu"
ENT
UP/DN to "2. Mixer"
ENT
UP/DN to "1-ELE", "2-AIL", "3-THR", "4-RUD"...
ENT
UP/DN to "Subtrim"
R+/L- to adjust the center position to 1500. (for me it was about -3.0)
UP/DN to check that "Min Limit" is -150 and "Max Limit" is 150
UP/DN to "Scale+"
R+/L- to adjust both "Scale-" and "Scale+" until range is ~1000 to ~2000. (For me: 125)
EXT
(repeat for other channels)

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds