Castle Talon 90 Governor mode issues

More
12 Sep 2014 06:40 #25626 by Ferdey
Castle Talon 90 Governor mode issues was created by Ferdey
Hi,

I am running deviation on my Devo 10. I have 2 helis with a Castle Talon 90 ESC. One has a 3GX fbl unit the other a Bavarian demon.

On both of these helis I am using governor mode. The Talon has 3 governor settings for 30, 70 and 100 flat throttle curves.

On both of these helis I am unable to hit "full throttle" and activate the 3rd governor setting.

I've tried all sorts of methods, fiddling with min/max limit for throttle etc. with no joy.

I am wondering if anyone has tried this or similar setup or has any advice?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2014 06:46 #25627 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Castle Talon 90 Governor mode issues
The min/max values are limits.
Try to increase the scale values...

More
12 Sep 2014 06:56 #25628 by Ferdey
Replied by Ferdey on topic Castle Talon 90 Governor mode issues
I'll give that a try, thanks, FDR!

Just wondering, if the talon docs say to increase the throttle ATV (travel adjust), should I then be changing scale and not min/max?

What equates to ATV for deviation?

More
13 Sep 2014 03:34 - 13 Sep 2014 03:34 #25638 by Ferdey
Replied by Ferdey on topic Castle Talon 90 Governor mode issues
Got it working! Had to set max throttle and scale+ to 250 like the attached.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Sep 2014 03:34 by Ferdey.

More
26 Mar 2016 23:26 #45247 by djsmeegy
Replied by djsmeegy on topic Castle Talon 90 Governor mode issues
Hi guys, Im hopeless.
I have Devo 10 w/ Deviation v 4.0.1, I have Agile 7.2 with CC Edge 160HV, DSMX sats, Spirit.
I have RMA my previous CC Edge 160 HV due to it has stopped to recognise the full throtle, ie third governor speed doesnt run /Im using governor setup/.
Now I have new esc, I programmed it on PC, updated fw to 4.22 and tried to disarm esc - ie learn the range of tx - low and high THR stick pos.
I put thr scale for both - pos and neg range to lowest values (1,1) and then I increased the pos values, but the esc wont disarm.

Also I found some post here : www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26731633&postcount=45 and theres written this "Now a couple posts suggested if the DSMX is not set to 11msec, endpoints are not going to be detected. I looked this up, and though information is sparce, it appears Deviation 3.0 DSMX does not support 11msec. I have a post in there to try to get more info. That being the case, if my endpoint cal works, could this account for low torque."

Im really confused, because I also have CC Edge 50 on my 450L which is working properly w/o any issues, gov mode 1,2,3 are working well.
Just this damn CC 160HV, do you think this one is broken too or only doesnt recognise the throttle max values??

I attached the conf files of my tx setup for agile and the 450L.

Can you please help me?
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds