Devo 7E DSM2 Binding Problems and Troubleshooting

More
21 Nov 2014 10:20 - 22 Nov 2014 10:34 #26484 by czajunia
Hiya,

I have a 7E with a recent (a few days ago) 2x3-way switch mod. I haven't changed anything else - no additional modules nor the range mod etc. It was all working fine until it suddenly stopped binding with my Micro MWC board. Generally the 7E seems to be OK from what I can tell and I can see all the channels in the channel monitor, including the extra sticks. When I accessed the config files through USB afterwards to see if I could find any error logs I noticed that hardware.ini file was empty (corrupted?). I re-flashed the latest Deviation firmware plus formatted the memory but still no luck afterwards.

Unfortunately I only have one DSM2 transmitter/receiver combo and don't have any other receivers that support Devo 7E internal protocols. I can bind with the Qbot micro but this is using an external Turnigy adapter through the PPM port so that's probably irrelevant here. I was wondering if there was a way to determine if my transmitter is faulty or is there something wrong with the receiver? Is it possible to measure voltage/current changes inside the transmitter or something? Any other way to troubleshoot the problem?

Also, is it likely that just the transmitter module stopped working and there are no apparent problems with anything else with no error messages in the "errors" file on the 7E?

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers
Last edit: 22 Nov 2014 10:34 by czajunia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2014 19:01 #26491 by czajunia
Replied by czajunia on topic Devo 7E DSM2 Binding Problems.
If it turns the transmitter module is faulty do you know where I can get a replacement? I know there are modules available to upgrade DEVO 8/12 To DEVO 8S/12S but I am not sure if they fit 7E. If they do it probably wouldn't be a straightforward swap as the pins look different on the module I found online.

Cheers,

More
29 Nov 2014 00:21 #26632 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Devo 7E DSM2 Binding Problems.
Hi, I am a bit new to Devo10 and DeviationTX too.
Did you turn off Fixed ID code in your model setup screen for DSM2? Just erase the number.
Once it was set I had problems to bind - I guess. Not sure about it....

So you formatted the USB flash and re-copied all files from devo7e.zip?

What does the re-BIND with the DeviationTX BIND button do?

Have you already tried a completely fresh model # number?
I would try that or a model reset - but you already got that once format and recopy.

Have you choosen the correct channel number?

Do you need a bind plug with your micro board? Is it going to bind mode? How?
Quite late here...can't start to download docs and read them..

Just want to make brainstorming.

Hope you get a bit more input / ideas.

Thomas

More
30 Nov 2014 19:51 #26687 by kreidler
Replied by kreidler on topic Devo 7E DSM2 Binding Problems.
Has the switch mod been done with diodes?

The 8 to 8S module enables telemetry. You cannot do anything with this stuff in a 7e.

More
06 Dec 2014 23:54 #26825 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic Devo 7E DSM2 Binding Problems.

czajunia wrote: If it turns the transmitter module is faulty do you know where I can get a replacement? I know there are modules available to upgrade DEVO 8/12 To DEVO 8S/12S but I am not sure if they fit 7E. If they do it probably wouldn't be a straightforward swap as the pins look different on the module I found online.

Cheers,

I installed the Devo 8s module into a person's Devo 7e. Made the pin out drawing and example what it looks like installed in place of the stock module that came with the Devo 7e.

My post and photos on Hacksmods.

www.hacksmods.com/2014/10/wk-devo-s-mod-module-for-devo7e/

More
07 Dec 2014 08:32 #26834 by kreidler
Replied by kreidler on topic Devo 7E DSM2 Binding Problems.
Thanks Daryoon, I never thought about this option while posting.

Isn't it possible to add the new cyrf as a second module even if the origin one is damaged? Just enable this module afterwards in the hardware.ini.

More
09 Dec 2014 00:35 #26861 by mikemacwillie
Replied by mikemacwillie on topic Devo 7E DSM2 Binding Problems.
Banggood have the 8S module available at a reasonable price:

bit.ly/1G88QQr

More
26 Dec 2014 00:03 - 26 Dec 2014 00:06 #27214 by czajunia
Cheers guys. I ordered the "S" upgrade module from Banggood over a month ago but still haven't received it. Hopefully I'll get it soon.
Last edit: 26 Dec 2014 00:06 by czajunia.

More
26 Dec 2014 00:29 #27216 by czajunia
> Just want to make brainstorming.

Thomas, many thanks for your brainstorming ideas. I have tried pretty much everything you mentioned and it didn't work. At the moment I have removed the module and waiting for the "S" upgrade to arrive from Banggood so can't do any more testing. I don't think mine was actually faulty (more likely the flight controller) but as I wanted to get the range mod done I thought I'd get the new module instead.

BTW, sorry for not replying earlier but was away for a few weeks.

More
25 Jul 2016 04:20 #52116 by casey62
I have a brand new 7e that I bought a year and a half ago, and I finally got around to putting batteries in it and turning it on. Although nothing went right for me loading deviation, I finally got it. I have a new Inductrix bnf, and I was only able to bind to it once, when the start up screen showed deviation instead of; "ch1 is 9%, safe = -100%. I did a stick calibration, and now when I switch it on the start up screen says; "ch1 is 0%, safe = -100% I've spent the last half hour looking for options in the menus to correct this but found nothing. I have one hell of a headache, and it's lucky my hammer is in the garage.(not really kidding...)

More
25 Jul 2016 14:03 - 25 Jul 2016 14:03 #52139 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Devo 7E DSM2 Binding Problems and Troubleshooting
CH1 = DSM throttle channel.

0-9% throttle stick is around middle.
-100% throttle stick is low at bottom (=off)

Check your model.ini and [safety] section.
There is usually an auto value for a channel.

Are you sure that your throttle stick controls ch1 and the [safety] section is about CH1?
Are you sure your CH1 (output, receiver port) <-> THR (input) stick channel mappings are right?

You could also remove the auto value from the model.ini and manually change it to a specific channel.

But you know...this would be another thread about safety problems and not DSM2 binding problems / throubleshooting. IMHO you picked the wrong thread casey!
Last edit: 25 Jul 2016 14:03 by Thomas.Heiss.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds