How to bind DEVO7E (Deviation 4.0.1) with Nano Qx?

More
15 Feb 2015 05:55 #28706 by ohaya
Hi,

I just received a DEVO 7E, and installed deviation 4.0.1 on it, and am trying to get it to work with a Blade Nano QX, but so far, I am not able to get it to bind.

From reading, I have the impression that all I have to do is select Model10 and then go to the Bind in the 7E menus, but when I do that, the Nano is just blinking blue light, and never binds.

What else to I need to do to get this to work?

Thanks,
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2015 06:47 #28708 by ohaya
Hi,

I just got it working!!

For the record, here's what I had to do so far:

1) First of all I had to go into the transmitter configuration and change to Mode 1 (power/speed on left stick). This seems kind of backwards (shouldn't it be Mode 2)?

2) I was able to get it working using Model1. I had to change in the Model Setup menu from "DEVO" to "DSMX".

3) Plugged in the battery to the Nano. Wait for fast blue blink.

4) Turn on the DEVO 7E, go to menu setup, and scroll down to Bind, then press Ent.

After that, the Nano bound (solid blue light) and I could fly it at least :)!!!

Jim

More
16 Feb 2015 05:57 #28742 by mwm
I use the procedure you describe - except without having to change the mode of the transmitter.

The only possible reason I could see for this behavior is that the NanoQX won't bind if throttle isn't completely down. So I tested it, and sure enough, that's the case: if you try and bind with the throttle channel not at -100, the NanoQX won't bind. Further, I couldn't get it to bind after trying that until I power cycled the Devo, and unplugged and plugged the battery back into the NanoQX.

Which makes me think there may be an issue with your Tx config. Do you get see -100 on channel 1 when you try and bind?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
18 Feb 2015 02:32 #28776 by ohaya
Hi,

I think it is working ok. I had been powering the nano up first.

But, if I power the DEVO 7E up first and then power up the nano, the nano binds without having to do anything on the DEVO itself.

Thanks,
Jim

More
18 Feb 2015 03:13 #28778 by mwm
Yeah, the small blade stuff - at least until recently - goes into bind mode if you power it on without having the Tx on. Since you should always power on the Tx first (a safety issue, as don't want the aircraft getting signals from something else), this generally makes sense. The 350QX V3 firmware requires holding the thing upside down and sticking your tongue out the left side of your mouth, or something like that.

More
17 Nov 2015 18:57 - 17 Nov 2015 19:29 #40156 by Podflyer
Mine has bound fine but just keeps flipping over props are in the right config so I'm confused any one got any ideas. PS very new to devo/deviation but I did document my mod/hack of my Devo 7E.

All help greatly appreciated
Last edit: 17 Nov 2015 19:29 by Podflyer.

More
18 Nov 2015 01:29 #40171 by hexfet
Nice video! Didn't see you calibrate the sticks though...

What model file are you using? Might try just going to an empty model and binding to the QX and make sure it flies with just the flight control channels going.

More
21 Nov 2015 15:12 #40271 by Podflyer
sorry for delay been up away for work. I used DSMX. As I said very new to this, any links you can give me to how and why calibrate the sticks?

More
21 Nov 2015 17:47 - 21 Nov 2015 17:48 #40277 by hexfet
Go to Transmitter menu, Transmitter config, down twice to highlight Calibrate, press ENT, then follow the instructions.

Calibration lets deviation measure the pot readings that correspond to the center and endpoints of your stick travel.
Last edit: 21 Nov 2015 17:48 by hexfet.

More
21 Nov 2015 18:07 #40280 by Podflyer
cool that is done. So does any one have any idea my qx keeps flipping over on the DSMX protocol

More
21 Nov 2015 23:38 #40283 by hexfet
If it wasn't the stick calibration then can't tell from current information. Suggest posting the model file you're using, and a video of the behavior you're seeing.

More
22 Nov 2015 05:44 #40289 by mwm

Podflyer wrote: cool that is done. So does any one have any idea my qx keeps flipping over on the DSMX protocol

Any chance you've got the props in the wrong places? Swapping a pair will do that, though the color coding should make it obvious unless it's the front or back pair.

More
22 Nov 2015 11:34 #40294 by Podflyer
Many thanks Hexfet that worked a treat many thanks.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds