Binding

More
05 Apr 2015 23:07 #30817 by conisat
Binding was created by conisat
Ok I have been flying two models with a devo 7e (V911 and HiskyFBL80) and I used fixed ID for binding, but I tried to install a nightly build to gain the KN protocol and could not get it to work so I reverted back to firmware 4.01 and now I cannot bind to any of my models! I guess that using the fixed ID has locked the model to that ID but I did not make a note of them so is there a fix for this or have I just bricked my models?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2015 01:58 #30819 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Binding
Just flew my 911 with the latest nightly on devo 10. No problem re-binding, even though I had fixed ID set on the tx. When the 911 didn't link up and its LED started flashing I just hit the bind button. The LED went to slow blink, then throttle up and down it went solid and ready to fly.

Very unlikely you bricked the copters. Did you edit the hardware.ini file appropriately after installing the nightly?

More
06 Apr 2015 16:14 #30845 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Binding
V911's are picky about their initial bind (what you're technically doing).

1. Try this, power up devo, navigate to the bind button for the V911 model (DO NOT PUSH IT YET)
2. power V911, count 3 seconds, press bind.
3. wait
4. If this doesn't work power both off, repeat all steps but this time wait 4 seconds before pressing bind
5. If this doesn't work power both off, repeat all steps but this time wait 5 seconds before pressing bind

One of these WILL work for you. Then after it's bound set a fixed ID and the write that ID in sharpy on the model's canopy!

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
16 Oct 2015 21:43 #38937 by Stavridis
Replied by Stavridis on topic Binding
where exactly is the bind button?

More
16 Oct 2015 22:18 #38938 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Binding

Stavridis wrote: where exactly is the bind button?

It's not a physical button, it's a software button located under the Model menu (usually right down the end of the page?)

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds