Random blinking/flashing on LemonRX

More
21 Apr 2015 00:10 #31441 by Zenatic
Random blinking/flashing on LemonRX was created by Zenatic
I am getting a random blinking/flashing on my lemonrx dsmx & dsm2 satelite RX and full RX. I have tried both dsmx and dsm2 satellites. Here is a video demonstrating the blinking:

The sat RX is now hooked up to my naze32 build and still doing the same thing. I also only get about 25m of range (without the range mod). The naze board will kick on failsafe sometimes at 3m range.

Is this type of blinking/flashing expected or is something else going on?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2015 04:26 #31451 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Random blinking/flashing on LemonRX
Several of us (myself included) have been having some Lemon issues recently (tho plenty of other guys use them with their devo's just fine) but here I wonder if it's not something else...

Do this, read the voltage at the power pins to the Rx from the alienwii. I understand they're made specifically for the orangeRX satellite which is ONLY 3.3v, the lemon on the other hand has a wide input range and 3.3v is actually pretty low for it. I'm noticing the video shows the light start blinking as you try to power up the motors (drawing power making the voltage sag lower). Is there a way you can power the Rx on it's own, without any of the other FC stuff or motors plugged in and test your range then? I didnt know you had the option to use a full receiver on the alien, just to clarify you are trying both a full 6ch rx (with 6 signal wires) and the sat rx (over PPM SUM one wire)? Also note that when running in DSM2 mode the lemon will alert you to brownout reset by flashing the LED, this may also be happening even if it doesnt totally cut off- it may be triggering a brownout, especially when you throttle up the motors.

Is there a way you can make another video of a range test with only the RX, not the whole quad?

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
21 Apr 2015 11:59 #31456 by Zenatic
Replied by Zenatic on topic Random blinking/flashing on LemonRX
So I opened up the TX to make sure my transmitter was module was getting enough power and it is was 4.8v (I think, might have been a little lower, but well above 4v). So that wasn't the issue.

I actually fried my AlienWii thanks to reversed polarity on Turngiy Lipo's :( So I can't test it any longer on the AlienWii board.

I do have it setup on my naze32 board now. I have the power lead coming off the 3V connector on the board and I just tested it this morning and it was getting 3.28v. Think I should try the 5v? The satellite is obviously setup via PPM. I am pretty sure during my build process I used the Full RX (LemonRX DSM2 6Ch) via PWM, but I am pretty sure I was getting the blinking on it too.

Here is a video on the naze32 board:

The satellite is currently a DSMX satellite, bound via DSMX on deviation. I couldn't get it to bind on DSM2.

I had ordered:
DSM2 Compatible LemonRX 6CH w/ Satellite

When I had the original problem on the alienWii, I ordered a standalone DSMX Compatible LemonRX Satellite to test.

I am currently setup using the DSMX satellite via DSMX bind on Devo7e Deviation.

More
11 Jul 2016 17:25 #51555 by arkngelus
Replied by arkngelus on topic Random blinking/flashing on LemonRX
Any fix on this issue?, I tried, on a lemon sat, bangood redcon sat, devo 7e.

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds